Modell Collect B-52G Upgrades review

So Model Collect's research team seem to have been not paying attention in class leading to a couple of small errors, that if not corrected will leave some fairly visible errors if you will.

There are 3 glaring errors and 8 smaller errors that these particular sets will correct.

The first problem we encounter, it the nose shape. There is a fairly large thread on here that discusses this issue, and this correction was a direct result of that. I wasn't originally going to get it, as I had convinced myself that it was "good enough" as it was corrected by MC. I changed my mind, and got the correction. The resin corrected nose starts below the cockpit windows, and corrects the width as well as the general shape, including the chine in the lower part of the nose. It also includes the EVS fairings and two ECM fairings on the left and right side of the nose, as separate pieces, and the antenna on top of the nose is molded on, if doing a very late H this can be easily removed. The forward portion of the radome is a separate part as well. This is in cream colored super smooth bubble free resin, there is some detail scribed, but not overdone.

The second part corrects the wing fuel tanks, these are corrected for size and shape and are accurate, the ones supplied in the MC kit are not even close really.

Third, Landing gear bays 3 and 4 are a straight copy of gear bays 1 and 2. they should be different. The correction set has the not supplied rear bulkhead with stringers, and also the gear bay roofs, with correct detail.

The minor corrections need the Eduard set for the engines, it basically covers all the work required in the Eduard Kit, so bullet fairings, intake rings for lack of a better term, basically doing the hard work for you! this makes for short work on the engines!

All the resin is very nice, no bubbles that I could see, with fine detail. As with all resin there will be some prep work required, such as removing pour stubs, and cutting kit parts to fit.

As for instructions, there are links to YouTube videos explaining the fitting of all parts, although the fitting of the parts should be fairly obvious. Take care with the cutting and sawing the nose, just so you make sure you don't install it too far back!

These corrections kits are a must if you want to have the most accurate Model Collect B-52 around, and sources say, some of these corrections are also available for the AMT/Italeri kits! Highly Recommended

I supplied the the kit myself, so I am not biased too much.

FINAL BITS:

So where to get these corrections sets? you have to go to YouTube, to Nigels's Modeling Bench. Find the B-52 videos and he shows everything there! he can also be contacted through gmail at nigelsmodellingbench_(at)_gmail.com ( remove _(at)_ and insert @) @Nigelr32

[img]https://i.imgur.com/GywNQVi.jpg[/img]

Regards

Harald

Edited by Winnie

I also purchased this comprehensive "enhancement" set, and agree with Winnie.  Each set was well wrapped and there was NO breakage in shipping. To begin, I am very impressed with the engine details set. The resin parts are thinly cast, yet have sharp details. Adding this to the Eduard engine set should be straight forward. The rear wheel bay looks great. They are crisp looking and won't require much clean up. The -G fuel tanks are well done, featuring raised weld lines, without any obvious mold / seams to deal with. They certainly look the part. Finally, the nose and EVS system are wonderfully cast, no seams or air bubbles to contend with. Some careful cutting on the kit nose and this should go together well.

Having dabbled with a number of resin and vac kits over the years, this set is a winner.

Mark

5 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Sounds nice.
Where can you buy this set from?

via Gmail, and it is actually 4 different sets, nigelsmodellingbench @ gmail.com (remove the spaces)

Cheers

H.

• 2 years later...
On 10/25/2022 at 9:28 PM, USAFsparkchaser said:

Check in with shapeways also for updates. I looked last night and they have an external antennae update for the kit

https://www.shapeways.com/product/MTJKEMC6Z/b-52-stratofortress-upgrade-1?optionId=260178790&li=marketplace

That set looks worth checking out, but the linked website shows it as "not available for sale."

Regards,

Murph