32nd BUFF Cockpit

Not sure if this got posted before.   Pretty interesting.  For some reason, I find myself drawn to this.  Just need to find a 32 scale cowboy hat and a playboy magazine. 

1-2-e1583344641907.jpg

I do wish they had provided at least one cockpit sidewall so you could assemble both levels. 

You CAN assemble both levels, but tough to see behind the Radar Nav console... I have it, and I have started cleaning up the resin. Lots of resin... 

I too wish there was some form of fuselage section for it. 

It's unbelievably huge! 

Oh and it'd be a stretch to model Slim Pickens' plane. This is a fairly recent mod H, with Gunner controls removed, but prior to the latest modernizations, Possibly somewhere in the early 2000's is where this kit is.

Superb details, Anyz could make it even better!

Edited by Winnie
Added text
18 hours ago, Winnie said:

You CAN assemble both levels, but tough to see behind the Radar Nav console... I have it, and I have started cleaning up the resin. Lots of resin... 

I too wish there was some form of fuselage section for it. 

It's unbelievably huge! 

Oh and it'd be a stretch to model Slim Pickens' plane. This is a fairly recent mod H, with Gunner controls removed, but prior to the latest modernizations, Possibly somewhere in the early 2000's is where this kit is.

Superb details, Anyz could make it even better!

I hope you'll post some pictures of your progress building this thing.   Couldn't tell by the picture above what vintage this cockpit was, that's too bad, would have made for an awesome Stranglelove vignette.  

On 10/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, Winnie said:

You CAN assemble both levels, but tough to see behind the Radar Nav console...

Pondering that...maybe possible to have removable outside skin sections that are held in place with jewelers screws or pin-slides.  Done in such a way as to not remove such a large section that causes structural weakness but where you can remove a section and with some modest LED lighting, display the interior.  If it were me, I'd make the exterior panel cuts along existing panel lines and make sure they fit very snug so as to not have glaring gaps at the lines. 

Another option might be hinged panels which wouldn't look exactly scale and might arouse some rivet-counter to critique the method...but then...such people are not worth paying attention to as it is.

Third option might be to cut the sections open, then replace with heat-formed clear skin replacements. 

Any way you do it, as you know will require lots of forethought and planning and working slowly to meet the results you want.  It's going to be a fun project though.  Many hours will pay off!