anyone else having orders disappear??

I have had very, very few issues with ordering or trading items in nearly 30 years. However, I've had two orders disappear in a month. 

I know postal services are extremely slow, but these never showed up. 

I confirmed with both merchants when they shipped. Unfortunately, neither had tracking. 

I've read where people are just throwing mail in the trash. 

Anyone else experiencing this or am I just having a bad run? 

smh,

Mike

That would be discouraging.

On the inverse of that is the following, the order arrived last week and yet the order page on Amazon right now says,

On the way, but running late

We’re very sorry your delivery is late. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Tracking info provided by Blackwell's U.K. *dispatched from UK*

Shipped with Royal Mail

I never order without tracking. Its not a guarantee that the order will get to you, but it gives you some proof that the order never made it to you and it is then in the sellers court to make it right. Most sellers will either refund or, if possible, send you a new item.

The USPS is the absolute worst currier ever. It's quite common to see on the news where drivers are throwing the mail in the dumpster or in the ditch, one local driver was putting all of the mail in their garage instead of delivering it. And now, the USPS wants to raise rates again next year! They have lost several of my packages or delivered them to the wrong places. An naturally, the ones they lost were the uninsured ones where they wouldn't pay up.  My most recently lost package had a tracking number showing it was scanned onto the truck and out for delivery, and it never showed up. The USPS refused to pay up and they told me the seller had to refund my money, even thought there is proof that my package was in their possession, biggest scam ever. By some miracle, not a single package was lost when I was able to pay extra to insure it.

16 minutes ago, kap64 said:

The USPS is the absolute worst currier ever. It's quite common to see on the news where drivers are throwing the mail in the dumpster or in the ditch, one local driver was putting all of the mail in their garage instead of delivering it. And now, the USPS wants to raise rates again next year! They have lost several of my packages or delivered them to the wrong places. An naturally, the ones they lost were the uninsured ones where they wouldn't pay up.  My most recently lost package had a tracking number showing it was scanned onto the truck and out for delivery, and it never showed up. The USPS refused to pay up and they told me the seller had to refund my money, even thought there is proof that my package was in their possession, biggest scam ever. By some miracle, not a single package was lost when I was able to pay extra to insure it.

That's what I'm thinking happened. 

One was an order from Two Bobs. He replaced it right away and it arrived in about a week. The other we're working through eBay. the seller just put stamps on it and dropped it in the mail. We agreed to give it a month, then they'd refund. 

I just wonder how many other packages are just "disappearing" these days. 

I just shipped a decal sheet from USA to UK via USPS.  The package arrived in 6-7 days in perfect condition.

Not saying the USPS doesn't have problems but I think these misfortunes are isolated cases.  Don't throw the entire postal service under the bus over a few bad incidents.

I've had no issues over the last 10-15 years, not with USPS, UPS, or FedEx. Things seem to be a little slower over the last couple of months, but the only significant delays I'm seeing are orders from Ukraine; even with tracking my packages seems to sit there in limbo for 30 days and then suddenly appear in my mailbox.

Just read that some postal employees have been arrested and charged for destruction of mail.  Never could figure out why someone would take a job with the excellent benefits USPS offers, and then throw it all away by breaking all the basic rules.   

Ordered some books from eBay. USPS tracking posted showed that the package has been delivered but no show in my locked mailbox nor my front porch. 2-3 days later it showed up inside our locked mailbox.

I ordered from Florida, about 50 miles from me in Florida. My shipment went USPS to California for 3 days

then headed back to Florida. Why? Last year I ordered from NJ. It went USPS to Maine then back to NJ

then finally to Florida. Why? I have no use for UPS but USPS is a total sham! jon

9 hours ago, jonwinn said:

I ordered from Florida, about 50 miles from me in Florida. My shipment went USPS to California for 3 days

then headed back to Florida. Why? Last year I ordered from NJ. It went USPS to Maine then back to NJ

then finally to Florida. Why? I have no use for UPS but USPS is a total sham! jon

Human mail sorting has flaws.  Gets tossed into the wrong bin and then it as to go through the motions before correction.  I've had several items show up at our central hub here in town, get sent to a small community in the opposite direction and then back to the hub before coming to me.  I think I've had one package travel the country like that in the past. 

1 hour ago, Scott Smith said:

Human mail sorting has flaws.  

But "human sorting" only happens at the front counter of your post office. Most mail - letters and packages - is scanned with OCR equipment and then routed in a highly automated system.  Of course OCR has flaws too, mostly related to poor handwriting.

45 minutes ago, habu2 said:

But "human sorting" only happens at the front counter of your post office. Most mail - letters and packages - is scanned with OCR equipment and then routed in a highly automated system.  Of course OCR has flaws too, mostly related to poor handwriting.

I guess the larger hub probably has this system in place, but at my local PO you can watch them hand sorting bins from the window while you wait in line.  These are individual bins for the route drivers.  I had a package show up I had to sign for while I was at work.  Got home, grabbed the tag and went to the PO. They could not find my package.  Took my phone # and said they would call me.   I got the call as soon as I pulled in my driveway.  😐  Just told them to deliver it the next day since he took my signature.  I'll give him credit,  he kept looking for it until it showed up. 

I e mailed the person I bought from and he told me "someone" in govt. had sorting machines removed. So it took an extra 3,000

mile trip for an extra 3 days, I could have driven to where he lives in 2 hours! I won't even go into why the sorting machines were

removed, things are just GREAT here in the Peoples Republic of The U. S. OF A. jon

On 10/21/2020 at 6:15 PM, Mstor said:

I never order without tracking. Its not a guarantee that the order will get to you, but it gives you some proof that the order never made it to you and it is then in the sellers court to make it right. Most sellers will either refund or, if possible, send you a new item.

Wise words Mark. No tracking = Trouble and zero protection.

YEP USPS is a mess. I ordered an item from Arizona in May and it showed up in Vancouver in Sept. on the flip side I have been ordering from Hannants at least twice a month for the last 6 and I am usually getting a 3 week turnaround from England

Ordered a set of brass landing gear from Ali across the pond.  Been watching the tracking.  As usual, it has gone from our main hub to another small community on the wrong side of town.  How the hell do they or the machine mix up 29229 zip with 29123 I'll never figure it out.  Now I'll watch it go back to the hub and hopefully to my zip and not pinball back and fourth between the wrong zip.  So now I'm looking at a one day delay at a minimum.

42 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

Ordered a set of brass landing gear from Ali across the pond.  Been watching the tracking.  As usual, it has gone from our main hub to another small community on the wrong side of town.  How the hell do they or the machine mix up 29229 zip with 29123 I'll never figure it out.  Now I'll watch it go back to the hub and hopefully to my zip and not pinball back and fourth between the wrong zip.  So now I'm looking at a one day delay at a minimum.

Use This:

https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/package-issue?

Select where's my package and continue from there to "Package Issue" The  system should catch it. It worked for me.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, Helmsman said:

Just had an Amazon order got lost. It was trackable 2 days shipping. USPS is still showing "awaiting item".

Well, after 3 weeks of wandering it suddenly appeared in a mailbox.