Sprue Brothers for sure, and for brands they may not carry, or something a bit different, Hannants out of the UK. Even during CV19, and whatever slow mail service from overseas we might be seeing, I just ordered from them recently...9 days to arrive here in the States.

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for Sprue Brothers.  Always good service and occasionally some good deals.  Squadron is good too but lately their selection seems pretty poor.  

I have recently had a NEGATIVE experience with Internet Hobbies.  Ordered three kits, only two arrived.  Invoice and all notifications indicated all had shipped.  Took two emails and over a week to get a response.  All the response said was "it will ship next week".  No thanks, no sorry, nothing.  "next week" was last week and I have yet to receive any kind of shipping confirmation or tracking info so as they say, caveat emptor.  

I would also agree with Scale Hobbyist, Sprue Brothers, Lucky Model, and Hannants as great sources to purchase model kits from. With Lucky Model, if you can wait to receive your kits, you can wait and purchase a lot of kits when they have their $10 USD flat rate shipping special, which takes about two months from the time the order is placed to get your items. Hannants has some model kits that you may have a hard time finding here in the US, but shipping charges are quite expensive from the UK to the US.

• 1 year later...
57 minutes ago, juanchopancho said:

Spruebrothers used to be my go to. Been a customer since 2008 looks like they don't care about their customers. 

Ordered 18 items from them last week. 7 items never made it, one 1/48 kit arrived in a crushed box. They packed it in a 30x30x30 box which arrived half empty, no peanuts or paper to fill up the empty space. Just threw it in there like trash to tumble around during shipping. Didn't even get the usual thank you post card. The issue wasn't UPS it was how they packed my order.

Sent message to them via the website, direct email and called.  No answer from anyone. Guess they got big and could care less about customer service.

Sad

Your experience is unlike any I’ve ever had from Sprue Brothers.  I’ve been ordering from them for many, many years, and only had one issue that I can remember.  One order got lost in the mail, I contacted them, and they sent out another, but that was a few years ago.  Never had an order that was packed as you describe.  In fact, just got an order today from them containing a 1/32 ZM J7W1, two 1/48 ResKit wheel sets, and a Master pitot tube.  The shipping box was bigger than the kit box, but there was ample thick brown crumpled paper to prevent the kit from moving around.  Can’t see how you’d get only 11 out of 18 ordered items since their order system is live and you shouldn’t have been able to order items that weren’t in stock.  Also, I don’t really remember getting thank you post cards in the box all the time, except from a year or two ago when they had a thing where they had a different card every month.

1 hour ago, juanchopancho said:

Spruebrothers used to be my go to. Been a customer since 2008 looks like they don't care about their customers. 

Ordered 18 items from them last week. 7 items never made it, one 1/48 kit arrived in a crushed box. They packed it in a 30x30x30 box which arrived half empty, no peanuts or paper to fill up the empty space. Just threw it in there like trash to tumble around during shipping. Didn't even get the usual thank you post card. The issue wasn't UPS it was how they packed my order.

Sent message to them via the website, direct email and called.  No answer from anyone. Guess they got big and could care less about customer service.

Sad

Wow, never had that happen with Sprue brothers. My ordeers ALWAYS take more then a week, (cross a border) but always well packed and SO many packing beans.

Scalehobbyist, Hobbylinc, Ebay, Dauntless Hobbies....aka Rebelalpha on Ebay, Amazon, FB, forums like this...You can get some great deals on Amazon at times. Just picked up a Dora Wings P-63 to my door for $32 off Amazon. You can also find cheaper prices from some retailers on Amazon than through their own websites/online stores. Occasionally Sprue, good selection and fast shipping, but i feel like their prices aren't as good of a deal as they used to be. I don't need anything shipped to me in 2-3 days, I just want the most bang for my buck. I check out their lighting deals all the time, but it seems that every time I see something I'd buy, it's sold out...recently they had the Eduard Mig-21, and P-51D kits on special for a great price, but they were sold out.....probably just late to the game, it's still slightly annoying though. 

I used to use Great Models A lot years ago, and would love to use Kitlinx, but Loic needs to fix his shipping calculator. Tried to check out a kit, wanted $14 for a kit shipped from Utah to Nor Cal at the 2+ pound rate. You know what shipping is on a kit at the 2 pound rate on USPS from his zip to mine?  It's $11.75,  and that's the retail counter rate, I'm sure he's getting a discount rate. I don't want a refund on shipping, or a credit towards a future purchase, I just want to pay a fair price, up front. 

Edited by Charlie D.

Ok so finally got back to me.  The original box was 24x17x11 per the shipping label. The box I received was 20x20x20 so looks like UPS did who knows what during transit and lost half my stuff repacking :closedeyes: Removing my posts above, at least they're finally working with me to fix the issue.