Engine painting

You can either spray the entire interior, then mask off the sides with strips of Tamiya masking tape going longitudinally toward the fan, then spray the fan.  You can also measure the diameter of the fan and cut out a circular mask for it.  Then spray the fan first, mask it, and spray the rest of the interior.  Easy peasy.

Here's what I'm doing:

Spray the interior a mix of flat black and dark grey to get the fan. Then take either a white/grey paint pen from michaels to make the spinner swirl and if you want, trace the circumference around the fan. Then use a pencil to draw in the acoustic paneling. Then take a toothpick dipped in light gray and lay it down horizontally to mark the dividing lines. Then paint the leading edge of the cowling flat aluminum.  I'm doing this exact thing right now for my 767 engines. I'll post the result hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

10 hours ago, 320 Driver said:

Here's what I'm doing:

Spray the interior a mix of flat black and dark grey to get the fan. Then take either a white/grey paint pen from michaels to make the spinner swirl and if you want, trace the circumference around the fan. Then use a pencil to draw in the acoustic paneling. Then take a toothpick dipped in light gray and lay it down horizontally to mark the dividing lines. Then paint the leading edge of the cowling flat aluminum.  I'm doing this exact thing right now for my 767 engines. I'll post the result hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Love to see it....