F-14A VF-111 "Miss Molly"

Hello gents,

During a recent opening of old boxes and while checking their contents, I discovered a decals' sheet from Superscale that gives the markings for the famous "Miss Molly" F-14A (#72-594) from VF-111.

However, during my search to find more information about the specific aircraft, I noticed that most photo-groups show the famous 'nose art' on both sides of the cockpit but, Superscale gives a decal only for the one side. Thus, my question is, did they had the specific 'nose art' at the beginning applied only to the one side of the aircraft and later, they applied it to the other side also or, was it from the beginning on both sides?

Any help will be much appreciated gents.

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by SERNAK
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I did a bit more research  - from a scale models point of view - and I found out that Hasegawa used to have a kit (SP31) with the specific nose art BUT, it used to give on the decals' sheet only one decal for the Miss Molly nose art and that for the starboard.

So, I guess what Superscale is offering on their sheet is not wrong. Now, why the squadron decided later on to add on the port side also the nose art well, that's something that is still a mystery at least for me.

P.S.: Beware this kit (SP31) even though it is presented in Scalemates as one of Hasegawa's new mold, nonetheless, it contains the old mold Tomcat.