Air Force armored car

Has anybody picked up their copy of the A.F. Security Police M-706 Commando Car?  Mine arrived a few days ago and I intend to get two more, one for each of the color schemes I know of.  Two were in most of our squadrons but there was a third that showed up when we were given a couple from another base North of us.

As usual there are parts for other versions included and these need to be removed from the kit before building.  The floor of the hull needs to be covered to hide the sink holes and lettering for the V-150 version if you intend to have the blast doors open to see the interion.  Having them provide the parapit armor sides and blast doors waves a lot of trouble and time.  With the interior available ot be displayed, there are some things that need to be changed or added.  If you want, to., there needs to be a right seat across from the driver and seat belts could be added, though I don't know of anyone who normally used them.  I never did and the team I was carrying were either sitting in the seats and leaning against the hull or engine compartment walls.  The rest were usually sleeping on the floor on their equipment bags.  If needed they were quick to be ready.

The hull interior walls had padding in places near the seats and there were a couple extra things that could be added, like a fold down table and a shelf near the right rear twheel well hump.  There are a number of things that could be added, but if you don't, most people will never know.

The color chart is in question as far as the cammo version goes.  With with the exception of the two we got in from the other squadron, the only version we saw were the overall green and the three color paint job.  The sheet calls for 4 colors, including a brown.  I think they may have used a vehicle for reference that had somebody paint a civilian owned one and it was painted wrong.  Normally we had tan and two greens that looked very close to the colors of a F-4 or 105.

/app.photobucket.com/u/ikar_photos/a/afab7fd9-f7d0-4f42-9497-f1ad2526644c/p/477fb745-bc6c-4d7d-aca5-7a0ab60ff4ef][IMG]https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/cc4/ikar_photos/Air%20Force%20Security%20Police/.highres/Scan%201_zpsl1gyo7hn.jpg

I don't normally build armor, but was thinking of getting this kit since it's a USAF subject.  Years ago I built the Tamiya M20 as an Air Police vehicle, painted blue with the white stripe.  If I find a photo of a 706 in Air Force blue (haven't really looked yet!), I'd definitely go for it.

I hope to see photos of your model posted sometime, and thanks for your service!

Chris

Its not you.  It’s entirely because ARC, like a few other sites like LSP, recently had a forum software update that changed from using BB code to direct link for posting pictures.  Unlike other forums, the change hasn’t been well communicated by the powers that be.  Other forums that use different board software, or haven’t done the update, aren’t affected.

This shot was taken during a Security Police display someone decided to set up in the Chapel parking lot after an attack.  All of a sudden people were curyous about us and what happened and what our equipment looked like.  The dog was from the patrol dog section of our K-9 section.  They were much more controlable than the Sentry dogs.

Tamiya made a Farm animal set that included at least one dog,  You could do that picture if you can find a Sheppard.  I might do the same with one of my kits, I hadn't thought of it before.

• 2 years later...

So what do I have to do to post pictures these days?  It just isn't the same if you can't post pictures, so I left for a while in the hopes that this problem might be fixed.  

10 hours ago, ikar said:

So what do I have to do to post pictures these days?  It just isn't the same if you can't post pictures, so I left for a while in the hopes that this problem might be fixed.  

Put the photo on a hosting site (I use flickr) and use that sites share function to create a url.

Copy/paste that url into the forum and it automatically appears.

• 1 month later...

I'm still using photobucket after all this time.  This is the only forum where I have a problem posting.

I took a look at you M.A.C. patch under a magnifying glass, not what I expected, but understandable.  I worked flight operations for a time and was in the 32nd T.A.S. at Little Rock for a time.