Mosquito 2-Stage Merlin conversion complete

Tamiya base kit, aftermarket 2-stage Merlin engines (Jason Chatwin's original castings, recently reproduced by Brengun -BRL48124).  Resin conversion pieces were great.  Needed an in-flight bomber Mosquito to keep my FB in-flight Mosquito company on my work desk.

Fun conversion, learned some valuable lessons in re-scribing and once again realized I need to improve my canopy masking.  

Prop Blur props used.

Aeromaster 48-552 markings corrected for ML907 (HS-B, not GB-B as the markings state).  Pilot and Nav figure in there if you can see them.  I realized on this build just how much cockpit work you don't see when you close up the fuselage.  

Cheers

Collin

jIa9aZa.jpg

g4FZ396.jpg

RlvkBRw.jpg

Jzkju1O.jpg

d07jaWy.jpg

sWZj5bJ.jpg

NTA95Cc.jpg

70DEAyT.jpg

u7Ypqwr.jpg

Bu6FyNn.jpg

Thanks Dave for the technical posting answer.  Wish all the different forum sites had a common photo link method.  

Edited by Collin

OK...I give up and I'm headed to bed.  How does one post pics from Imgur on ARC these days?  I copied all the different sharing links and all just posted the text vice linking the photos.

Collin

Edited by Collin
1 hour ago, Collin said:

OK...I give up and I'm headed to bed.  How does one post pics from Imgur on ARC these days?  I copied all the different sharing links and all just posted the text vice linking the photos.

Collin

Use the direct link option.  
jIa9aZa.jpg

Edited by Dave Williams
2 hours ago, David Rapasi said:

Try this method, it helped me allot.

http://www.arcair.com/tnt1/201-300/tnt202-masking-Rapasi/00.shtm

Dave

Yeah...I have to get away from BMF masking of canopies.  Just don't have luck with it.  Easy to put on, and it stays on during painting, but removing it is a PITA and pulls off some paint on the frames and just much more clean up than masking or scotch tape masking.  I've been bit by my last two bomber builds (Monogram B-26 Invader and this Mosquito)....something creeps in during the painting process and fogs up the inside of the canopy glass a tad (worse on my Invader, just a little bit on the Mosquito).  

Thanks for the link...need to remind/refresh myself again on scotch tape masking.

Cheers

Collin

1 hour ago, Just call me Ray said:

the 32 48 or 72 kit?

1/48. 

I wish I could do it in 32nd....but nobody I know of makes 2-stage Merlin resin replacement.  I have the HK 1/32 BMKIX/XVI kit which is OOB 2-stage....which of course I am plan on building in-flight with a huge 4000lb Cookie ready to drop.  

Cheers

Collin