ARC homepage is updated.

Sorry it took so long. 

But between a Covid scare at the computer store I use and a lack of funds on my part due to the loss of one of my jobs (driving a tour bus for cruise ship passengers).  I was left scrambling to find a solution.  Then I remembered an old low hour custom built computer from 10 years ago that had some blown capacitors on one of it's video cards.  I had stored away the computer with plans of fixing it one day and forgot about it.  The machine runs quite well but is limited to only 2 monitors instead of 4 that I usually run, but it is quite usable and runs excellent.  My ideal set up is 3 monitors to work on ARC and a 4th monitor to play movies etc to keep amused while I do ARC updates.   In the coming weeks I will solder some new capacitors into the damaged video card and see if I can get it to run more than 2 monitors.  With luck the next update on Friday will be the normal size.

I'm still loading programs and transferring files from my old machine to this "new" machine, but so far so good.

Thanks for your patience.

Steve,

Good to have you back! You were missed. Hope all goes well with your PC surgery.

Where do you drive the tour bus? In August of '18 SWMBO and I took a cruise to Alaska and on the last port of call was Vancouver and being an avid gardener she wanted to see the Bouchard Gardens and took a tour bus there that also ran a quick site seeing route through the city.

Cheers :cheers:

Itch

7 hours ago, Cajun21 said:

Steve,

Good to have you back! You were missed. Hope all goes well with your PC surgery.

Where do you drive the tour bus? In August of '18 SWMBO and I took a cruise to Alaska and on the last port of call was Vancouver and being an avid gardener she wanted to see the Bouchard Gardens and took a tour bus there that also ran a quick site seeing route through the city.

Itch

Great to see ya back, like Cajun21, we enjoyed our Vancouver tour. 

Do you work for a specific Cruise company? or is it luck of the draw?

@Cajun21

Which ship were you on?

2 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

@Cajun21

Which ship were you on?

Da SWO,

We were on the Norwegian Bliss. It was her first year of operation. Really nice ship. My first cruise, took a day to get used to the small cabin but having a balcony helped. I grew up in a small town that didn't have a population as big as what that ship carried. SWMBO is a veteran cruiser albeit trans Atlantic, once on the Queen Mary (the original one now in LA) and twice on the QE 2. 

:cheers:

Itch

3 hours ago, Cajun21 said:

Da SWO,

We were on the Norwegian Bliss. It was her first year of operation. Really nice ship. My first cruise, took a day to get used to the small cabin but having a balcony helped. I grew up in a small town that didn't have a population as big as what that ship carried. SWMBO is a veteran cruiser albeit trans Atlantic, once on the Queen Mary (the original one now in LA) and twice on the QE 2. 

:cheers:

Itch

We did Princess in August 2018.  I enjoyed it.

20 hours ago, Cajun21 said:

Steve,

Itch

12 hours ago, Da SWO said:

@Cajun21

Which ship were you on?

I worked for a limo company driving one of their black buses for cruise ships visiting Victoria, BC.  I did a variety of tours off a number of the Alaska cruise ships in the past few years. 

If you are an Aussie that toured British Columbia and started your tour in Victoria, BC in the past few years, then there's a really good chance I was the bus driver that drove you to your hotel in Victoria from the Airport.  

It was a fun job.

I must admit I was rather concerned back in February as Covid was beginning to make it's way across North America.  The idea of doing a bus tour with an unknown number of people possibly infected with Covid was not appealing.  I was somewhat relieved when I learned on Feb 26 that the cruise ship season for 2020 was cancelled.

I was baffled beyond belief when there were people boarding cruise ships in early March.....I knew that couldn't end well and those few ships were hit very hard by Covid.

2020 has been a pretty tragic year....I suspect 2021 is going to be equally tragic.  Thankfully Vancouver island only has 11 active cases among 900,000 people.  Living on an island does give some isolation from Covid.  But I wear a mask, I really can't risk getting sick.

On 10/29/2020 at 2:57 AM, SBARC said:

Sorry it took so long. 

But between a Covid scare at the computer store I use and a lack of funds on my part due to the loss of one of my jobs (driving a tour bus for cruise ship passengers).  I was left scrambling to find a solution.  Then I remembered an old low hour custom built computer from 10 years ago that had some blown capacitors on one of it's video cards.  I had stored away the computer with plans of fixing it one day and forgot about it.  The machine runs quite well but is limited to only 2 monitors instead of 4 that I usually run, but it is quite usable and runs excellent.  My ideal set up is 3 monitors to work on ARC and a 4th monitor to play movies etc to keep amused while I do ARC updates.   In the coming weeks I will solder some new capacitors into the damaged video card and see if I can get it to run more than 2 monitors.  With luck the next update on Friday will be the normal size.

I'm still loading programs and transferring files from my old machine to this "new" machine, but so far so good.

Thanks for your patience.

all you gotta do is to go to the web page Hyperscale to realize just how nice this web site is! No crazy (and unwanted) adds to keep your fingers busy.

Thank You

gary

On 10/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, hawkwrench said:

I've noticed in various threads that occasionally you come across a long blue line and right beside that, it says "unread replies "

Why is that there and how can you read the replies if you want to???

Tim

It simply means that the replies below that line are ones you haven't viewed yet. The forum keeps track of when was the last time you viewed that thread. Any replies added after that date/time are considered new "unread replies".

10 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

all you gotta do is to go to the web page Hyperscale to realize just how nice this web site is! No crazy (and unwanted) adds to keep your fingers busy.

Thank You

gary

My goal is to earn an income from youtube and then I can remove all ads from ARC, but that will take 3 or 4 years.