1 hour ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Does anyone see a tail gun for a SAC version?

Britmodeler thread only shows 2106, 2017 decal option, long after the tail gun was removed.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235082412-1144-boeing-b-52h-stratofortress-by-great-wall-hobby-gwh-partsbox-artschemesdecals-release-in-2020/

Since the tail gun/rear fuselage extension is on a separate sprue, I suspect that if they do an “early” H kit, that kit will have a new tail sprue with the cannon.

2 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

HOLY MOLY THAT IS AWESOME! DECALS, DECALS , DECALS!!!!! only thing I see missing is some JDAMS, but has LGB’s. Also can any one make out if those are AG-129’s or ALCM’s?

Those look like AGM-129 to me.  I also see the pylon used for targeting pods & range pods, and what looks like a LITENING pod.  The blanking plate for the tail gun area looks to be on the sprue with the aft fuselage & engine pylons; can't make out what the part next to it is, possibly a tail gun? 

Nice that the MRT antennas are provided separately, that will simplify modeling the 80s/90s Hs.

Chris

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, Gator52 said:

Those look like AGM-129 to me.  I also see the pylon used for targeting pods & range pods, and what looks like a LITENING pod.  The blanking plate for the tail gun area looks to be on the sprue with the aft fuselage & engine pylons; can't make out what the part next to it is, possibly a tail gun? 

Nice that the MRT antennas are provided separately, that will simplify modeling the 80s/90s Hs.

Chris

They are AGM-129s, and there is no tail gun in the kit, only the cheese grater blanking plate.  I’ve had the kit for over a month, but just haven’t started it yet.  Assuming that the fit is good, it seems a pretty straightforward build.

18 hours ago, Dutch said:

i should think that Caracal CD144005 B-52H Stratofortress sheet will de very nicely with this kit.

It most definitely will be nice for this kit! I've had those in my stash since they came out and can't wait for Kursad to release some of the other B-52 sets. Hopefully we will be getting some more B-52 variants from GWH soon.

21 hours ago, jonwinn said:

Just bought Minicraft D, wish I knew about this. Curious did D model in Vietnam have SEA

camo or SAC camo? Some Ds looked suspicious. jon

D's in Vietnam had SIOP topsides with black sides, undersides and vertical tail.

Edited by Dutch