G.W.H Boeing B-52H in 144th scale

G.W.H is to release in November a new tool B-52H kit in 144th scale 

Haneto given a short but very informative news on the kit giving most answers to questions regularly asked by modellers:

"As far as I heard there will be G and H, but no D or F (my favorite, pity).

GWH 144 kits are mostly collaborate with their Japanese agent Pit-Road, which means most cases Pit-Road chose what to do and participate in the design work.

I have played T1 parts of this kit and fitting was as good as always (cannot say accuracy since not a B-52 guy), especially it was quite impressive to get wing landing gears all stand on ground without any adjustment on wings.

It will start selling on 11th Nov to meet the Chinese annual online shopping festival, and domestic retail price if I remember correctly is around USD20-25.-"

More info and pictures here:

https://www.facebook.com/artscale.eu/posts/3529849030443269

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

$20-25 U.S.dollars? I will be getting a whole bunch if that is the actual price.

Haneto said:

" . . . domestic (Chinese) retail price if I remember correctly is around USD20-25"

Although I have no idea what the price will be but one should wait few weeks and with that November release the price will be clear and exact.

Best regards

Gabor

Yeah thats a Hound dog pylon and a HSAB with MERs on it.

It has to use the HSAB. The mounting lugs on the Hound dog pylon cant mount MERs directly.

I should have pointed that out. I didnt because I assumed it would be taken as a given because it is.

What I really meant was they didnt use the stub pylon

Edited by ElectroSoldier

B-52Gs in Desert Storm used both the AGM-28 pylon and the stub pylon, depending on if it was an ALCM-modified jet or not.  ALCM jets, such as SAC Time pictured above, used AGM-28 pylons.

Great link that Don posted, note the column for pylon type:

https://dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/b-52.html

Dave, I too noticed the anachronistic ACM load given the decals, but at the same time I'm glad to have AGM-129s in 1/144!

Chris

Edited by Gator52
12 hours ago, Gator52 said:

B-52Gs in Desert Storm used both the AGM-28 pylon and the stub pylon, depending on if it was an ALCM-modified jet or not.  ALCM jets, such as SAC Time pictured above, used AGM-28 pylons.

Great link that Don posted, note the column for pylon type:

https://dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/b-52.html

Dave, I too noticed the anachronistic ACM load given the decals, but at the same time I'm glad to have AGM-129s in 1/144!

Chris

I agree plenty of ALCM’s can be found in the revell kits. The -129’s will go good with a SAC H 

• 2 weeks later...

Got the kit today. You get the stub pylon/HSAB for the conventional loads in addition to the cruise missile pylon for the AGM-129s.  Overall it looks nice, but I’m a little disappointed that they didn’t make the engine fan section a separate part from the rest of the engine.  The engine pods are just top and bottom halves, which means there is no gap at the rear of the fan section for the fan airflow to exhaust.  Also, the GPS disc antenna on top of the fuselage above the wing roots seems much too large in diameter.

Edited by Dave Williams