Hasegawa 1/48 Lockheed (General Dynamics) F-16A Fighting Falcon

Hello all,

My eighth completion of the year is the venerable Hasegawa 1/48 F-16A. I believe this tooling originates from 1983, which makes it kind of sad that IMO this is still the best kit of the F-16A available in 2020! Aftermarket is limited to a Quickboost seat and Eduard main wheels. The nose pitot is scratchbuilt. Paint is MRP and Hataka lacquer and the flat finish is Mr Color GX113 thinned with Mr Rapid Thinner, which has resulted in a grittier finish than when I use Mr Leveling Thinner. The decals are from the Kinetic F-16A/B kit and are not quite accurate in detail.

Thanks for looking and a more thorough build review is at https://jonbryon.com/hasegawa-1-48-lockheed-general-dynamics-f-16a-fighting-falcon/.

Comments welcome.

Jon

f16a_20.jpg

f16a_19.jpg

f16a_18.jpg

f16a_17.jpg

f16a_15.jpg

f16a_14.jpg

f16a_08.jpg

f16a_44.jpg

f16a_43.jpg

f16a_40.jpg

f16a_41.jpg

f16a_39.jpg

f16a_36.jpg

f16a_31.jpg

f16a_28.jpg

f16a_26.jpg

Edited by jonbryon
17 hours ago, Geoff M said:

very nicely done!

Geoff M

Thanks!

16 hours ago, RichB63 said:

Great looking jet! And I always enjoy reading about the projects on your website.

Thanks for the feedback. I've just discovered I can improve my website by moving to Wordpress.org. I shall be attempting this in the next week or so, which should improve the image quality.

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Night Owl Models said:

I love this scheme can you let me know what colors and paint you used?

Thanks 

Dave

The FS30279 and 30140 are MRP. The FS30219 is Hataka (orange top lacquer).

HTH

Jon

• 1 month later...

One of my favorites and as you know has motivated me to do the two seat version. I went to your website and read your article. I would like to respectfully disagree with you about your freehand finish. Had you used masks I think the model would have looked toy like. I have worked around theses planes and your paint job is spot on and very realistic for a newly painted aircraft. I looked a lot at the pics I shared on SMCG with you and then at your model. I think it is about perfect for a clean unfaded build.

Brandon

1 hour ago, Bravosierra001 said:

One of my favorites and as you know has motivated me to do the two seat version. I went to your website and read your article. I would like to respectfully disagree with you about your freehand finish. Had you used masks I think the model would have looked toy like. I have worked around theses planes and your paint job is spot on and very realistic for a newly painted aircraft. I looked a lot at the pics I shared on SMCG with you and then at your model. I think it is about perfect for a clean unfaded build.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. I hope you have fun with the two-seater!

Cheers

Jon

• 3 months later...