CD72107- 1/72 F-35A

New 1/72 scale F-35A sheet to replace CD72029, which was a best seller when it was available. Up-to-date international markings and 8 USAF units - including the latest Dutch anniversary scheme, new Israeli and Japanese unit markings, AK and VT jets, etc. Designed to fit the Hasegawa kit. Coming in December.

Note: The colors on the representative image below were manipulated to make the light gray visible against the blue background - the common light gray color is almost off-white in this image, but it will be the correct shade of gray on the actual decals. 

cd72107.jpg

Edited by KursadA
8 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

Turkey's flag?

What about it? There was at least one aircraft painted in these markings before they were kicked out of the program. It is also on the 1/48 sheet.

Edited by KursadA
17 minutes ago, RedCrown said:

Could you release this in 1/48 as well?

I will most likely release a 1/48 version (with only the options not already covered in CD48140) in early 2021, after more photos of the third RAAF F-35 squadron markings become more widely accessible.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I will most likely release a 1/48 version (with only the options not already covered in CD48140) in early 2021, after more photos of the third RAAF F-35 squadron markings become more widely accessible.

There's some nice VMFA-242 markings in the thread on Navy aircraft weathering as well.

4 hours ago, Tomcat Trebor said:

Hi, you might want to check the RAAF insignia as the all kangaroo faces do not point right https://sldinfo.com/gallery/raaf-f-35as-arrive-at-luke-afb/

Regards

Robert

I fixed this, it was correct in the 1/48 sheet and the image was generated from an earlier draft. I will update it sometime today.

On 10/31/2020 at 1:55 PM, KursadA said:

What about it? There was at least one aircraft painted in these markings before they were kicked out of the program. It is also on the 1/48 sheet.

My apologies, I thought I was asking a yes/no question.  Surfing the net via cell phone so I wasn't sure I saw what I saw.

1 hour ago, Da SWO said:

My apologies, I thought I was asking a yes/no question.  Surfing the net via cell phone so I wasn't sure I saw what I saw.

No problem - I thought maybe you thought the color was wrong or it was missing - these are small on a 1/72 sheet so they may be too small to see.

• 2 months later...

This sheet will be released in the February batch - there are some much-needed 1/72 F-35A options on this one and I am sure fans of this scale will like it. I particularly like the Dutch anniversary scheme as well as the new Israeli and Japanese unit markings.  USAF F-35As from Vermont and Alaska are there, too:

f35_pr72b.jpg

f35_pr72a.jpg

f35_pr72c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Albert Moore said:

Here, take my Imperial credits. 😁 Definitely in for a set of these when they are released (the Israeli version will be a welcomed addition to my IDF/AF collection).

Your Imperial credits are no good here but I will accept Beskar ingots in good condition 🙂 . The new IDF/AF unit markings are really cool.

Edited by KursadA
17 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

I was about to say something similar - they look pretty boring! 😉

In fairness to Kursad (and the F-35), I'll definitely buy the sheet but will struggle to select the markings I'll use for the Hasegawa kit in my stash.

I hope he did understand that in no way we were critizising him - it´s not his fault that current fighter paint schemes of the USAF and allied users of the F-35 are boring like hell...

I recently did a couple of What If-schemes for modern german Luftwaffe aircraft and helos (and currently doing another one) and one of my main goal is to not follow the actual standard of one-tone grey or green. We had and still have some very nice looking triple-tone camos on our birds. Like on the Naval Aviation Seakings or the Army Aviation NH-90s...

HAJO

On 1/23/2021 at 8:36 AM, Hajo L. said:

I hope he did understand that in no way we were critizising him - it´s not his fault that current fighter paint schemes of the USAF and allied users of the F-35 are boring like hell...

It's a grey area....   :whistle:

• 1 month later...