Tamiya 1/48 Japanese P-51C OOB

Hello everyone,

Another quick build, used cricut to make decals with exception of the shark's mouth and "EVALINA" from Three Guys Replicas. Used Mr Surfacer, Splash Aluminum and various Mr Hobby colors, finished with Microscale flat and Tamiya gloss. Fun build, there are some details of the build vs the actual compared to pics, interesting subject allowing for artist license, maybe someday someone will issue me one. Maybe after the RL Scott Club contest, I MIGHT take the rear tail wheel assy off, remove half the rudder and place it on a barrel. Have a real close look at the Japanese pic with the two Japanese looking inside the cockpit of the aircraft.

PXL-20201102-022316102-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20201102-022340791-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20201102-022416250-PORTRAIT-01-COVER

PXL-20201102-022537656.jpg

Enjoy!

AFM

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
14 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

I love it!  That is one cool shark mouth.   Great job and very unique subject!

Steve

Steve, thank you, yeah the Shark's mouth...was a handful. Had to use a couple applications of Waldron's Decal Set to get it to snuggle down. The uniqueness is what drew me to doing this one.

Cheers

AFM

53 minutes ago, Mr.Happy said:

Very nicely done. :coolio:

I like that Natural Metal finish, it came out really nice.

Mr. Happy

Thank you sir, I really like the Splash paint aluminum...I used to get it from Spraygunner (I think I did anyways...)...they no longer carry it. Currently searching for a new vendor.

Cheers

AFM