1/32 F-16C Block 40 Tamiya - 555th Fighter Squadron Aviano AB - Take off

Hi, 

Corona has given my scale model hobby a spark again. 
So I decided to finally finish my 1:32 F-16C that has been laying around (half completed) for some years now.

I consider this to be my first fully finished model. Definitely my first airbrushed and weathered aircraft.

The main kit is the Tamiya F-16CJ Block50.

I used parts of the Academy F-16CG Block 40 (mainly the plastic landing gear)

Reinforcement plates are scratch build and so is the open refueling port.

The decals are from Daco Products.

Paints that I used are a mix of Revell and Vallejo.

I really enjoyed completing this project and my next one is already lining up.

I posted this on purpose in Critique corner iso in the display. I do need and appreciate the feedback to improve myself.

The critique that I already know: Speed brakes and open refueling door is not realistic for take off configuration. I knew this and did it anyways. 

Thanks for your effort in advance.

Dirk

IMG-1601.jpg

IMG-1603.jpg

IMG-1611.jpg

IMG-1636.jpg

IMG-1650.jpg

IMG-1658.jpg

IMG-1659.jpg

IMG-1672.jpg

IMG-1706.jpg

IMG-1707.jpg

EDIT

The pilot realized that his speed brakes were open and quickly closed them....  🙂

IMG-8393.jpg

IMG-8391.jpg

Edited by Voortmans
  • Voortmans changed the title to 1/32 F-16C Block 40 Tamiya - 555th Fighter Squadron Aviano AB - Take off

Thanks for the reactions, I knew about the speed brakes but did not consider it as a too big of a model killer  🙂

A quick fix solved the issue about the speed brakes.  (I added a picture above.)

The refueling port can't be closed anymore and this would result in an early RTB I guess... and a maintanance debriefing.

I was wondering if people liked the weathering and 'dirty' parts. Is it still too clean? Too much? Not realistic?

Thanks

Dirk

I would comment that overall, it's impressive and fairly well executed. 

Since it's the critique corner... it looks like you missed filling a few depressions on the back of the main landing gear struts.  In regards to the weathering, I think the gear struts could stand to be dirtied up a bit more, especially when compared to the bays.  They almost look pristine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 3:37 AM, Collin said:

What did you use for your in-flight base?  I’m always looking for different ways to mount models in-flight. 

Thanks for any info you can share. 

Cheers

Collin

PM Send.

Thanks for all the feedback! 

Dirk

Not sure you are aware, but 89-2042 never flew with the 555FS or 510FS for that matter. 89-2042 originaly flew with the 18FS 354FW before being swapped with the block 30's of the 80FS 8FW at Kunsan, Korea. 89-2042 was one of the jets assigned to the 35FS rather than the 80FS as for most of the 18FS jets.