CD48200 - 1/48 B-1B Lancer Part 3

I have not finalized the colors yet, but with all this nose art the sheet is already at the limit of maximum number of colors that could be reasonably printed. I might have to leave it like it is right now and leave it to the modeler to fade the colors or paint the bands if they want the faded look.

6 hours ago, KursadA said:

I have not finalized the colors yet, but with all this nose art the sheet is already at the limit of maximum number of colors that could be reasonably printed. I might have to leave it like it is right now and leave it to the modeler to fade the colors or paint the bands if they want the faded look.

Might look good with the orange from Sunrise Surprise, but you know more about the process than I do!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 9:14 PM, Dutch said:

When the 319th switched from SAC to ACC, they added the GF (Grand Forks) talicode and changed the sunflake into two broad stripes on the tail, but kept the orange and middle/light blue colors. See photo below.

Screenshot_20220420-221247_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e555a70e8a8113e1139059a41db5159f.jpg

Sunflake was retained on the 319th jets after the conversion to ACC, along with the extended stripes; here's the same jet (86-0116) a few months later with the sunflake:

86-0116 | Rockwell B-1B Lancer | United States - US Air Force (USAF) | Mike Head | JetPhotos

Edited by Gator52

Great idea, I am adding the window to the 1/72 and 1/144 sheets.

The smaller scale sheets will have 14 options; four more than the list I posted earlier for the 1/48 scale sheet.

The additional options on the 1/72 and 1/144 sheets are:

• B-1B 85-0069 "Daisy Mae"
  • B-1B 86-0097 "Iron Eagle"
  • B-1B 86-0109 "Spectre"
  • B-1B 85-0085 "America #1"
On 5/5/2022 at 9:41 AM, KursadA said:

Great idea, I am adding the window to the 1/72 and 1/144 sheets.

The smaller scale sheets will have 14 options; four more than the list I posted earlier for the 1/48 scale sheet.

The additional options on the 1/72 and 1/144 sheets are:

• B-1B 85-0069 "Daisy Mae"
  • B-1B 86-0097 "Iron Eagle"
  • B-1B 86-0109 "Spectre"
  • B-1B 85-0085 "America #1"

It would be cool to have a modern set of Spectre markings representing it's final scheme before the engine fire and retirement.

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed various things and finalized the designs - as mentioned, 14 options on the 1/72 and 1/144 sheets, and 10 on  the 1/48. This one ended up being a SAC-only sheet but it's highly likely that I will do one more camo B-1B sheet in the future (24-36 months) for the SAC->ACC transition period.

cd144025.jpg   cd72113.jpg

Phenomenal all around, and I like the choice of Grand Forks tail stripes. 

I look forward to the future SAC>ACC sheet as well, plenty of potential there for never-done subjects.

Chris

Edited by Gator52
  • 2 months later...

The 1/72nd sheet is a 'must' for me, I have mostly built the 2007 issue Revell B-1B however the Revell decal sheet looks good but the wing walk stripes were the wrong colour and silvered badly when I applied them; I stopped at that point. Advance order going into Hannants for when they list this sheet.

• 1 month later...