What to get? MiG-29SMT (Fulcrum 9-19)?

Hi Guys,

I'm debating about what to get.  I already have the GWH MiG-29 9-13, and an Su-35s, and very seriously planning to get the new Su-27UB when it's available.  And..the MiG-29SMT Fulcrum 9-19 (4818) has just become back in stock at SprueBrothers, which I have been waiting for some months now to be back in stock, and now I'm in a quandary about whether I should get the SMT or not, based on what I already have plus my other future planned purchases.  I know that no one can answer for me, but I'm curious what you all think.  Money isn't a huge object, but I'm also not made of cash, and with the new planes planned, what would you all think would be a good addition?   Is the SMT a good airplane to add to this herd of planned modern Russian planes?  For those of you who know more about the variations/variants in these airplanes, would having an SMT be a good addition to have on the shelf along with all these other planes, once they are all done and sitting on the display?  Of course, I would make the paint schemes and markings as diverse as possible with all these planes in addition to the difference in airframes.

So...what would you guys do?  It would run me about $93.50 US for the SMT for the model itself, including the Quinta cockpit, and then shipping added to that, just to aid in your recommendation.  I honestly don't know what the Su-27UB will cot when available, and I already have the Quinta cockpit for it, though I can't just ignore the cost because i already have it  (I think the Quinta was about $25.00).  

I need some help in making this decision.  Thank you for your assistance in this matter!  😜

It depends on what are you trying to collect here. If you're going for a "herd of modern Russian planes", 9.13 is a Soviet era plane as well as Su-27UB, though the latter is still in RuAF service, of course.

SMT 9.19s were returns from Algeria so only saw limited service in RuAF and will be moved to Armenia IIRC.

Perhaps a Kitty Hawk Su-30SM would make more sense (but it would require another Quinta set as the stock cockpit is wrong for that variant)?

Edited by ijozic
21 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

I would get the Su-27UB.  It’s a generation ahead of their Mig-29 kits and like you said, you have the Quinta set.   You will have more marking options available as well.  

oh yea...👍🏻😉

https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/lnrl4827.htm

Steve 

Steve,

Thanks for the preference...and the place to get the airplane NOW!  😊  I haven't placed the order yet...BUT...I'm thinking tomorrow!!!!

On 11/3/2020 at 1:04 PM, ijozic said:

Perhaps a Kitty Hawk Su-30SM would make more sense (but it would require another Quinta set as the stock cockpit is wrong for that variant)?

Stolen From Michael Benolkin's FB post (sorry, haven't found any other good source, and photo is on group, not sure if group is open).50571985661_cf26f58fd8_o.jpg

One IP on bottom left and other on top center. I think Michael said it actually includes 3 cockpits - Su-27UB, Su-30MK and Su-30SM.

Just for the justice 😄

I'd also go for Su-27UB, but I love twin seater Flankers so the choice is obvious. But I believe that it's not a matter of "which one should I get" but rather "which one should I get first"...

Edited by Tapchan