Old conversion: Jet-Powered Me-109 for review

The fun part about modelling is that you can be as exacting or as imaginative as you want to be, depending on the subject. Normally, planes don’t lend themselves to much in the way of imagination, but there are plenty of niche types that offer some creative freedom. A perfect example of that is the realm of “Luft ‘46”. This umbrella covers real and conceptual aircraft that were being designed for the future Luftwaffe before the end of the War in 1945.

Luft ’46 is one of my favourite subtopics, and in fact is the reason I got back into building plane models about 20 years ago. Early on, I couldn’t find a lot of good Luft ’46 kits, but that didn’t stop me from making my own! On perfect example of this is my jet conversion of the ancient (and terrible) Me-109 from Heller/Airfix. This is an old build, but I still like it, and I thought I should share it. I know it's not my best work, and I'm sure there are lots of things to pick apart, but for future conversions, I wanted some feedback.  Thanks in advance!

Check it out, and don’t tell me the Germans didn’t come up with weirder ideas!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/1-72-messerschmitt-me-709-a-1/

me609-001.jpg?w=450

Edited by Faust
  • 1 month later...