Advice using Vallejo primer

Afternoon everyone,

I am in the process of using Vallejo's Gloss Black primer with a Paasche H airbrush.  No major issues but since I thinned it a bit the coverage suffered just a tad, but not enough to cause any angst.  Has anyone run into any issues using Vallejo's primer or any tips and tricks using it?

I guess its the standard gloss black and not the metal color gloss black... Not that it matters either way.

Ive found its quite forgiving as a primer. It should not be used as a highlight primer as it cant really be sanded. In my experience the PU surface it creates doesnt like being sanded.

I never thin it down with anything, I mix it up with a badger paint mixer and shoot it neat. Metal color likes it just as well as the little bottles of primer. 

Just the standard gloss black primer.  Asking since I am trying to move away from the lacquer type primers and while it was somewhat easier to sue and forgiving, I wanted to see if anyone ran across any issues that haven't been posted yet or just thoughts in general.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:08 AM, ulvdemon said:

Has anyone run into any issues using Vallejo's primer or any tips and tricks using it?

I don't have the black version, but I do have Vallejo gray surface primer.  No issues at all spraying it straight out of the bottle through my Iwata gravity feed airbrush.  If you have coverage issue, try spraying additional light coats at slightly higher air pressure and don't thin it down so much.