Mach2 1/72 DC-8-30/50 Series

I was just browsing on SCM when I came across this NEW RELEASE from Mach2:  Douglas DC-8-55 SARIGUE!  This is the first of a whole slough of -30 &-50 series of DC-8 airliners and the USN EC-24.  Mach 2 is stepping up to the plate with 1/72 airliners lately!

1316709-12741-17-pristine.jpg.16b8a76d2e411a741058ed2c77a4dde9.jpg

Edited by Dutch

Oh boy, if they do a -71 I’m in. Would look great in UAL markings next to the 1/72 6/7/9...unless it’s a total pig. I skipped their 1/72 Caravelle, the fuselage windows not lining up with the cockpit windows kinda ruins the UAL white/blue scheme.

Edited by Charlie D.
2 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

Did you ever build one the Mach2-kits? 😉

HAJO

I have the EC-24N and a -50 on order, I have a few of their later releases in the stash and have heard the horror stories. I will get to the them and build them when the time comes. They can be made into very nice models 😉

Looking forward to see these models finished! But after having done the Super Frelon, a Learjet 35 and the Pibber I am a bit hesitant to work on more Mach2 "products". 😉

HAJO

HAJO, I understand the angst.  My mentor used to say, "In order to build a great kit, you need to start with at least a good kit!"  I am not a super detailer, but do appreciate the finer details and correct shapes.  So, caveat emptor!

Edited by Dutch

You won't get finer details with Mach 2, and correct shapes aren't their strong point either.  You can count yourself lucky if the fuselage halves are symmetrical...