Decal handling error - - - railroad decals, but no difference?

So Mr. knows-what-he's doing had a 'senior moment':  Instead of coating a Herald King and a Champ  pair of decal sets with Testor's Decal Bonder he went and blew on a coat of Testor's Dullcote.  Oops. 

So: (a)Lethal error or (b) 'meh'?

If 'b', then any merit to laying on a coating of Decal Bonder atop what's there?

Thanks!

This is on a home-printed decal, right? I don't think it is a fatal problem. But you will probably need to spray the Decal Bonder on top to actually make it waterproof, and you will end up with a very thick decal.

The Decal Bonder is some kind of lacquer, very similar in smell and look to their Gloss Cote, but it isn't quite the same. I've tried using Testor's Gloss Cote as a decal sealer on ink-jet printed decals and it didn't work.

I've since switched to Microscale Decal Film, which is a little trickier to use but makes a thinner surface and doesn't yellow.

It doesn't say on their web site how they are printed, but they don't say to put a sealing coat before applying so I assume it isn't water soluble printing. So I would just use the decals as they are now.