Top Gun F-18E/F new colors

Those are neat...although my VFC-12 favorite is still the gray splinters they've had for the past few years.  Would love to see that scheme continued onto a SH or two.

As far as these, as I scrolled down the page, I was most struck by the Su-34 Fullback scheme for the "F's", the first Iranian Fulcrum scheme, and the later ones called "Ghost" and "Cloud."

I used to do TONS of Adversaries, had a fleet of over 30 in 1/72, built in the late 80's and throughout the 90's.  I lost interest when all the new schemes were splinters.  A few were fine, at first, but when that was my only choice I totally burned out.

Must admit this could rekindle my interest....

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy
Just now, SERNAK said:

Oh Boy!!! New paint schemes means new decals' sheets, and new decals' sheets means more FS paints (enamels and acrylics), and more FS paints means more models, and finally, more models means more much much much more money to spend!!!

LOL Oh man, and just as I got my stash down to only FIVE....first time since the Reagan administration (true)! 😁

On 11/19/2020 at 6:28 AM, Brad-M said:

I find it irritating that when you click on a scheme expecting it to get enlarged, only to find it's smaller than the original pic. 

Negative, Ghostrider - right-click and 'view image', and right-click again to save the full-size images...

Have the selections been made? Tempted to start building a few Super Hornets in anticipation of decals.....

OP talks about Top Gun aircraft but these are VFC-12 AFAIK or is NAWDC also painting their Super Hornets?

On 11/18/2020 at 7:55 PM, Waco said:

Fun fact, those schemes are just part of a complete deck designed by ARCer Trigger for VFC-12; they were leaked before any selections were made, and with no credit attributed.

I didn't know Trigger did those. Sweet! He should definetly be credited. 

9 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Sweet. All I need to build for the rest of my life will be Hornets - all liveries from F-16 to Su-57. Not the worst perspective! Paint them all up - all are lovelly.

Now, don't rush into it because, it is a DEMANDING task!!! BELIEVE ME I know!!!

I'm developing (gradually, unfortunately) an Adversaries collection for the past..... well, I don't want to say for how long - it will cause a "stir of opinions"  (like, get on with it!!!) but anyway, I'm still gathering accessories, mostly decals' sheets because, these are the ones that are hard to get, especially if you don't buy them when they are released. 

So, at this point I would suggest to wait and see in which scale/decals sheets these schemes will be released and then, buy the kits you will need to produce them. And don't go into much detailing. Perhaps one or, two kits and for the rest, focus on the external details and paint schemes.

Just my two cents.:thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

Any news, they chose the schemes to be used? I've seen pictures of former VFC-12 Legacy Hornets now in VFA-204 markings, so we must be getting close to seeing the first VFC-12 Super Bug!