Is Spectre Resins still in business?

16 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

I sent an email to Mark Bilas over a month ago, but have not gotten any response. I am trying to order a set of his Spectre Resins 1/72 E-Systems Cheeks for RC-135U/V/W [late] SR72-AC-001.

Larry

Mark passed away back in Sept. Don’t know the status of the companies (Wolfpak Decals) but my guess is they are not in operation.

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

Mark passed away back in Sept. Don’t know the status of the companies (Wolfpak Decals) but my guess is they are not in operation.

Thanks for that sad info. I had another gentleman PMed me the same thing. SO SAD to lose such a talented individual.

Edited by ReccePhreak
1 hour ago, SERNAK said:

Thanks Tank. Too bad we lost such a great guy.

Do you know if someone else will take his business?

Not that I know of but I am not in the loop either. It had been sometime since Mark and I last emailed. 

Yes, I too am wondering if anyone will take over.  I placed an order for five decal sheets two days before his death.  I received an email confirming the order, but can't remember if my CC was charged. So maybe it didn't go through.  Maybe someone could offer the family to buy up the remaining stock and liquidate it?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Well, last night I got a message from Paypal saying that my order was refunded by Mill Creek Consultants to my credit card account.  So I guess the business is being closed.

I got one as well yesterday Dutch for some decals I ordered back in September.  Just another sad reminder of how bad 2020 is (soon to be was)...

-Derek

10 minutes ago, viking73 said:

I got one as well yesterday Dutch for some decals I ordered back in September.  Just another sad reminder of how bad 2020 is (soon to be was)...

-Derek

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Well, last night I got a message from Paypal saying that my order was refunded by Mill Creek Consultants to my credit card account.  So I guess the business is being closed.

A range of Wolfpak Decals can be had from Fantasy Printshop here in the UK - how long they'll remain available for remains to be seen:

https://www.fantasyprintshop.co.uk/decals/aircraft-decals/wolfpak-decals/

Edited by andyf117

Just an observation, my father-in-law and mother-in-law both died within the past thirteen months.  They had detailed, precise wills and there have been no disputes amongst the children about anything, but the lawyers are still sorting through the details while the children wait for the estate paperwork to be settled.  Bottom line; it isn't a short process even in the best case.  In Mark's case, Mill Creek Consultants covered not just his decal and resin ranges but also was the umbrella for his professional engineering services, so there's an added layer of complexity for the family to work through before they could do anything with the remaining stock of decals and resin.  I'm glad to hear that they were able to at least get the process in place for Paypal refunds.

In the meantime, as Andy mentioned Fantasy Print Shop (who did the decal printing for Mark) always reserved a portion of the production run for themselves to sell though their own website.  Except for the earliest sheets most of the Wolfpak sheets are still available there.  One thing you should be aware of is that Fantasy just sends you the decal sheets and provides a link to download the color profiles and written instructions.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
On 1/2/2021 at 5:37 PM, Murph said:

One thing you should be aware of is that Fantasy just sends you the decal sheets and provides a link to download the color profiles and written instructions.

I can't speak for deliveries to USA but when I've ordered Wolfpak Decals here in UK from Fantasy Printshop they include the coloured placement sheet but the extensive notes are sent as a pdf by e-mail. Perhaps they leave the coloured sheet out of export orders to save on postage costs?

• 3 months later...

Man, what sad news. I was just getting around to pulling my AMT RC-135 out of the stash and starting to plan the build, with the intent to get some of the Spectre Resins AEELS cheeks, and came across this thread.  Awful loss for the community.

Here's hoping that somehow his business can be carried on by someone, but probably wishful thinking. Anyone know if there is a set to be found anywhere?

Edited by MusicOn
Typo
11 hours ago, MusicOn said:

Man, what sad news. I was just getting around to pulling my AMT RC-135 out of the stash and starting to plan the build, with the intent to get some of the Spectre Resins AEELS cheeks, and came across this thread.  Awful loss for the communnity.

Here's hoping that somehow his business can be carried on by someone, but probably wishful thinking. Anyone know if there is a set to be found anywhere?

On his decal website.

The family is evaluating continuation of the WolfPak business and will be providing an email announcement to the valued Customers of WolfPak after all the details have been fully addressed.  

Mark truly enjoyed his interactions with every 
Customer and valued the friendships which came about through this endeavor.

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up - found a set for the Combat Conversions RC-135W "Airseeker" (the RAF RC-135) on eBay (UK ebay) - includes the AEELS array, hog nose, antennas, replacement boom, and CFM engines!  Still a few in stock!