1/48 PBJ Mitchell Decals

I've been gathering some references for an HK strafer kit and keep coming across the mention that forward combat units weren't permitted have nose art.  Most of the Navy and Marine pictures just show black or white numbers on the forward fuselage.

3 hours ago, zerosystem said:

I've been gathering some references for an HK strafer kit and keep coming across the mention that forward combat units weren't permitted have nose art.  Most of the Navy and Marine pictures just show black or white numbers on the forward fuselage.

Their markings were extremely bland.  With a few exceptions, nothing more than a 2-3 digit number.   If you are interested in the subject, Osprey has a very well done book on USMC PBD/J's.    I'd love to do a late war PBJ with the radar mounted above the bombardier's greenhouse and HVAR rockets fitted, just not sure I could pull off the radar installation though.   Ideally, I'd like to do a PBD but that just isn't an option in 32nd.