Fantastic stuff, thanks Jari!  Tough to tell for sure, but I'm thinking no stripes.  Maybe if I really grime it up even more it will be as hard for a viewer to tell on my build as it has been for me looking at the real ones....

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Yep, I'm finally seeing that now....  What I had been wondering before was if they sometimes did striping in two shades of gray, like they did on some lo-vis Tomcats, Hornets and others.  I'm glad to know there's a clear-cut ruling on it!

9 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Yep, I'm finally seeing that now....  What I had been wondering before was if they sometimes did striping in two shades of gray, like they did on some lo-vis Tomcats, Hornets and others.  I'm glad to know there's a clear-cut ruling on it!

The only time I saw striping on the stingers was when the birds were in hi-vis paint, all the low-vis birds had solid colors.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:50 PM, Glynn Jacobs said:

Man, 

Those DS A-7s sure look COOL, in a grubby, lo-viz sort of way!

Kinda makes me want to build my 72nd scale Fujimi kit as one of these birds instead of a Greek one, as planned!

"Fly NAVY!"

WARDOG

Couldn't agree more; a DS Corsair has been on my bucket list for many years, and only 5 yrs ago I finally got a 1/72 Fujimi for that purpose. Finally started it this year.  This thread was part of the final detailing. 

Very happy with the result....

gqjPrSl.jpg

BboEMAJ.jpg

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy