Latest Build SVNAF Bearcat

I want to give a BIG shout out to Drifter Don who graciously donated the decals so I could finish this kit also all those who sent me pics and insight on the Props forum. I tried to replicate the vents on the top of the cowling with styrene and then scraps of photo etch but they turned out pretty bad so sanded and filled it back in as I wasn't happy with my effort. I had no issues with the kit except for the thick canopy but it is clear. The wings have to be thinned down for the Wolfpack wing folds but I think it is worth it for the added detail. All in all an enjoyable build and my first crack at a Hobby Boss kit. 

F8F.JPG

F8F1.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 3:50 PM, RCNFAN said:

I wanted to leave the canopy open to better see some detail but this kit has the thickest canopy for 1/48 I have ever seen so I left it closed.

DSC01497.JPG

F8W.JPG

Hello,

your build look good!:thumbsup: it's really odd on the thickness of the canopy?!

I saw other Hobby Boss Bearcat kit, the canopy look not too bad! I don't understand why?

You have any  more close up pictures please, thanks for sharing the WIP! cheer,

let_models :rolleyes:

Edited by let_models

Thanks Let_models

I'll be be on the look out at future shows to compare Bearcat canopies, doubt mine is just a one off. I need to get a new digital camera, mine is cheap and it won't focus close in so even the pics above I had to take multiple times and pick the most decent ones so I'll be looking for a new camera soon. Planning my next Vietnam build and its  likely going to be an F-104C but right now I've got an RCAF Tutor, Westland Wyvern and Mosquito on the go so it will be awhile yet. Cheers Ray