Sprue Bros Black Friday Sale has begun

43 minutes ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

I have meng and AMK weapons kits in my cart, but I don’t see a discount. Is the discount only for kits and not accessories kits

I believe just Kits. I was fortunate to grab a Zoukei Mura He-219. Nice savings of over $30 on it.

I can almost guarantee Squadron's sale will not deplete your accounts. What happened to that vendor....? To the best of my knowledge, Hobby sales this year were very good because of the virus. They must have lost their web sale focus and fallen onto their distribution focus. 

On 11/25/2020 at 12:28 PM, Helmsman said:

Great, thanks! Snatched couple of GWH kits while they're in stock.

Ya had to mention GWH kits in stock. I wasn’t going to do the sale this year, then here I end up with a TBD and 2 T-33 kits.  Oh well. 

Rick L. 

Yep...the SprueBrothers sale is what pushed me over the edge on the GWH 1/48 F-15E...and the savings barely made a dent in the obscene amount I spent on all the aftermarket stuff for it, the acquisition of which is STILL not done!  Ah, these hobby/model distributors/resellers know what evil lurks in the minds of modelers...and this time sucked me in, big time  😊  I'm only kidding, BUT, the sale DID get me to buy the kit...

Edited by Curt B
8 minutes ago, Curt B said:

Yep...the SprueBrothers sale is what pushed me over the edge on the GWH 1/48 F-15E...and the savings barely made a dent in the obscene amount I spent on all the aftermarket stuff for it, the acquisition of which is STILL not done!  Ah, these hobby/model distributors/resellers know what evil lurks in the minds of modelers...and this time sucked me in, big time  😊  I'm only kidding, BUT, the sale DID get me to buy the kit...

I landed one of those kits when they first came out. As far as aftermarket, I do have the Aires cockpit for it and intend to use it, but will have to modify the GIB's panel with an updated display. I also have a couple of new decal sheets for it. I hope to build a more current one...perhaps depicting the AESA radar. ALSO Re: Missing center pylon - It is on the "J" Tree in the F-15C kit. I looked and found it this morning and will use that for the Strike Eagle. 

Speaking of aftermarket for this kit, it would be nice to see the correct pylon for the Sniper Pod, a Talon Hate pod, Legion Pod and of course a full kit upgrade to properly depict the F-15X. 

2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

ALSO Re: Missing center pylon - It is on the "J" Tree in the F-15C kit. I looked and found it this morning and will use that for the Strike Eagle. 

REALLY?  I have two F-15C kits (one is the ANG MSIP II kit, the other is the limited edition Jeff Hwang MiG KIller kit), so I will have to look.  Is the center pylon not necessary/used for the F-15C?  

Steve (Falconxlvi), what say you on this?

Edited by Curt B
40 minutes ago, Curt B said:

REALLY?  I have two F-15C kits (one is the ANG MSIP II kit, the other is the limited edition Jeff Hwang MiG KIller kit), so I will have to look.  Is the center pylon not necessary/used for the F-15C?  

Steve, what say you on this?

My kit is the Oregon National Guard with the huge special decal sheet that I will not use.....

On 11/28/2020 at 9:52 AM, Curt B said:

Steve (Falconxlvi), what say you on this?

Well, you have the appropriate pylons enroute to you so you will be set either way.  👍🏻

On 11/28/2020 at 8:46 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

I landed one of those kits when they first came out. As far as aftermarket, I do have the Aires cockpit for it and intend to use it, but will have to modify the GIB's panel with an updated display. I also have a couple of new decal sheets for it. I hope to build a more current one...perhaps depicting the AESA radar. ALSO Re: Missing center pylon - It is on the "J" Tree in the F-15C kit. I looked and found it this morning and will use that for the Strike Eagle. 

Speaking of aftermarket for this kit, it would be nice to see the correct pylon for the Sniper Pod, a Talon Hate pod, Legion Pod and of course a full kit upgrade to properly depict the F-15X. 

New exhausts are pretty much required. The kit ones are terrible. KA Models makes a set that fits GWH F-15s. They're the best as far as I'm concerned.

Yea!  My GWH 1//48 F-15E from SprueBrothers just arrived!  It's neat!  Now just waiting on all the aftermarket stuff for it, the KA open exhaust and afterburner set, the Eduard BIG ED set for this model, the Quickboost seats, all coming from the 48ers, the Caracal Lakenheath Strike Eagle decal sheet, and Falconxlvi was super kind enough to provide me with a few of the pylons for this airplane which are not included in the kit, so, shortly, I will be 100% ready to begin this F-15E journey that is gonna be so cool...