New Tool 1/48 F/A-18E Super Hornet Announced

• gb_madcat_sl changed the title to New Tool 1/48 F/A-18E Super Hornet Announced
17 minutes ago, Solo said:

It will be very hard job to make better kit than Hasegawa one. Hope that new Super Hornet will have better details then Meng’s F-35A.

I also thought the Hasagawa kit was great and a fun build. Those are big shoes to fill!

8 minutes ago, salomon said:

This is very very bad news for me, I told myself that I have so many kits to assemble and I don't have to buy any more. I wait for the Osprey and the SU-57 and stop buying. But how can you resist this Super Hornet by Meng?

Word, I know the feeling!

Wow Meng has now jumped on the fighter jets bandwagon.

I still love the Hasegawa Hornets! They're still the best for me!

Let's just hope that the Meng's Hornets turns out to be the "much better"  version if not the "perfect" Hornets in its truest definition. 

Pluggable pylons and optional exterior parts for different blocks are great.

Edited by flybywire
5 hours ago, marcinko said:

Is Hase really that good ?

The shape is spot on but the construction leaves much to be desired for an $80 kit. Not being able to make a late block Echo or Foxtrot OOB hinders it even more. I've built six of them so I got a good look at what needs improvement. Just like their F-4, F-14, and F-16 series, there always is improvement from other companies to dethrone Hasegawa as "king".

6 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

@Dan 88 I can see this kit costs like $60-62 in US (Hase F/A-18F). Are you talking about Eduard rebox maybe?

Add shipping and tax to that too. The Eduard rebox is nice but too much for me for what you get, OK PE and early Lot Echo.

59 minutes ago, Dan 88 said:

The shape is spot on but the construction leaves much to be desired for an $80 kit. Not being able to make a late block Echo or Foxtrot OOB hinders it even more. I've built six of them so I got a good look at what needs improvement. Just like their F-4, F-14, and F-16 series, there always is improvement from other companies to dethrone Hasegawa as "king".

With last boxings and the updated molds for the Growler kit, you can make a pretty decent BlockII (E or F) OOB.

You've got the penultimate nose landing gear doors, ACS cockpit, ECS new vents.

Wow, great news!  I have 2 of the Hasegawa F-18Fs, and haven't built either of them...yet.  But I've always been happy with anything I've gotten from Meng, thus, this gives me confidence that this could be a great model!  Once the kit actually arrives and the engineering and molding details can be compared to the Has kit (the E vs. F difference notwithstanding), my Has kits may stay unbuilt.  We'll have to wait and see.