New Tool 1/48 F/A-18E Super Hornet Announced

1 hour ago, B.Sin said:

Of course you mean that  sarcastically, yes?

what do you think ?

He doesn`t have the right attitude and this brings back memories of how much hate went towards AMKs F-14 when people questioned fracking EVERYTHING !!!

The box art is not right, look at that takeoff angle etc etc

4 hours ago, marcinko said:

He doesn`t have the right attitude and this brings back memories of how much hate went towards AMKs F-14 when people questioned fracking EVERYTHING !!!

The box art is not right, look at that takeoff angle etc etc

Yes. how dares he's not singing praise of the plastic already... Seriously, I really like Meng a lot, their kits are cutting edge in many areas, but just regarding shape accuracy, their are 2nd tier at best(except their scanned P-51D).

Anyway, I will not hold back my observation of the limited pictures of the CAD, compared to Hasegawa and the real thing, Hasegawa still looks better to me here:

Unbenannt.png

Edited by delide
41 minutes ago, habu2 said:

You need a new hobby.....

I should have said one of my many hobbies... And nah, no way I’m going to any one of them up :-)

Anyway, the kit’s a surprise, I believe it will do well, hopefull Meng will then work on more unique subjects, or subjects that can be greatly improved, shapewise at least, Hasegawa’s is one of their best, if not the best.

6 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

YGBSM! THAT's a fault?🙄

Yes, the difference's small, but the hobby is literaly about small things… It does show Hasegawa has done a great job 15 years ago, but I’m sure there will be small areas where Meng will look better.

Edited by delide

I asked them in their initial post wether it will have the newer style nose gear doors that we've seen in a lot of photos in the last few years but they said it won't. So if any aftermarket guys feel like stepping up and giving us some it will be most welcome. Also some for the Hasegawa kit would be welcome too.

On 11/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, Darren Roberts said:

If they're smart, they'll wait to release the F until the Block III's hit the fleet. Then they can have parts for both Block II and III.

If theyre not, they'll conduct a 3 year pre-order extravaganza 😉

On 11/26/2020 at 7:28 PM, Darren Roberts said:

If they're smart, they'll wait to release the F until the Block III's hit the fleet. Then they can have parts for both Block II and III.

Block III with the CFTs look absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait for those to hit the fleet and getting all weathered up for our viewing pleasure 🙂

On 11/30/2020 at 12:07 AM, Janissary said:

Block III with the CFTs look absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait for those to hit the fleet and getting all weathered up for our viewing pleasure 🙂

Really dude ? CFTs (and enlarged spines) are the perfect recipe to ruin a jet in terms of looks and probably also handling