CD48180 - 1/48 TA-7C / EA-7L "Twosairs"

Yes - the China Lake aircraft on the sheet are BuNo 156768 (with the FLIR test markings) and 156738 with the "TA-7C" on the tail. VAQ-34 (both hi and low-vis markings), VAQ-33, some test jets (PMTC, NATC, perhaps VX-5) and VA-122 with USS Lexington markings.

Guess I have to start looking for those 1/48 kits. Built a 1/72 NAWC HB TA-7C, great little kit besides the weird looking squashed intake.  Heard the 1/48 kit is exactly the same (nice easy build). 

Thanks for doing these unique Navy test/non-test aircraft. 

I’m about 80% done with a NATC A-4M. Should be applying your decals by tomorrow. 

Cheers

Collin

17 minutes ago, f5guy said:

I'm going from memory here, which is always sketchy, but I seem to recall that the kit is missing the parabrake housing for the Navy version. I'm thinking that Quickboost makes a resin one. Fred K.

That's in 1/72.

3 hours ago, f5guy said:

I'm going from memory here, which is always sketchy, but I seem to recall that the kit is missing the parabrake housing for the Navy version. I'm thinking that Quickboost makes a resin one. Fred K.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

That's in 1/72.

Just checked my TA-7C & A-7K kits in 1/72, the Navy version has a part for the parabrake housing - C8, USAF version has a filler piece - C11

Don't have access to my 1/48 kit at the moment...

1 minute ago, habu2 said:

Just checked my TA-7C & A-7K kits in 1/72, the Navy version has a part for the parabrake housing - C8, USAF version has a filler piece - C11

Don't have access to my 1/48 kit at the moment...

The britmodeller link has the sprues.

Just now, Stephen said:

The britmodeller link has the sprues.

Just looked at that link, I can see the parabrake part there too, first sprue pic, just below the nose of the stbd fuselage part.  The shape looks a bit inaccurate though, too thin IMO

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Hate to be That Guy but here goes - any plans to release this sheet in 1/72 in the future?

I think there is a bit of overlap between this sheet and one that Xtradecals made some time ago - so I wonder whether anyone who would like to build a Navy Twosair might have already bought that one. I am sure I will release this in 1/72, but the list of subjects may be somewhat different to improve the value proposition.

I think the Hobbyboss 1/48 A-7K sheet indeed has all you need for a Navy TA-7C / EA-7L : with the combination of the new Caracal sheet and perhaps a Wolfpack or AMK AN/ALQ-167 pod; you should be able to build a great two-seat Navy Corsair.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I think there is a bit of overlap between this sheet and one that Xtradecals made some time ago - so I wonder whether anyone who would like to build a Navy Twosair might have already bought that one. I am sure I will release this in 1/72, but the list of subjects may be somewhat different to improve the value proposition.

Yes they did, but yours would be more than likely more accurate.

23 minutes ago, Tomcat Trebor said:

Here is one l did using the HobbyBoss kit., but l am sure your decals will improve on it https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235067047-hobbyboss-172-ta-7c-corsair-ii/

Regards

Robert

I built the same kit/scheme a year or two ago, and it's in the work display case.  That is the only reason I am a little hesitant about buying again for 1/48.  Depending on what the profiles look like...I may just add to the stash.  The HB kit is not a bad kit at all...a pretty easy build.

Cheers

Collin