CD48180 - 1/48 TA-7C / EA-7L "Twosairs"

On 11/30/2020 at 1:06 PM, KursadA said:

I think there is a bit of overlap between this sheet and one that Xtradecals made some time ago...

I wouldn't worry about overlapping any Xtradecal postwar-US-centric sheets - their artist uses some funky, non standard, fonts/lettering on them. Years ago I tried to help him with fifties/sixties US stuff, but he eventually got all huffy and ignored me.

Bob in Louisville

The 1/48 and 1/72 HB Twosairs both suffer from badly misshapen canopies and fuel tanks.  The fuel tanks can be replaced with the appropriate Hasegawa or Fujimi tanks. 

The canopies will take skill I don’t have.  Nevertheless, I have a 1/72 HB version and will be pleased if Caracal sees fit to release sheets in that scale.

• 3 weeks later...

This sheet is part of the April batch of releases (already printed and looks great) - I plan to start shipping it on or around April 12 - preorders will be enabled sometime in the weekend.

cd48180profiles1.jpg

cd48180profiles2.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 11/30/2020 at 12:06 PM, KursadA said:

I am sure I will release this in 1/72, but the list of subjects may be somewhat different to improve the value proposition.

Bumping this to show renewed interest....  :worship:

Oh yeah, I bought the Hobby Boss TA-7C plus an intake upgrade for the China Lake double FLIR bird! The only thing I need is an upgraded Windscreen and Canopy. Would anyone happen to know one available? 

Great sheet yes indeed, but we need the A-7E sheet with VX-9 and the China Lake single FLIR bird!

Cheers from CHINA LAKE!

Larry