F-86F-30 VS F-86D SABRE DOG DROP TANKS

Hi, 

Need assistance with a question.

Would the position of the drop tank pylons be the same on both the Sabre models. I am using the Revell F-86D narrow chord wing to convert an Academy F-86F to an early Sabre. Reason I ask is that it seems that the pylons on the Academy model seem a bit more out board than on the Revell Sabre Dog model. I am aware that the Revell Sabre Dog wing is swept too much.

any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Pierre

Yes - the Revell Dog has the pylons in the correct position for a 'single-store' wing as fitted to F-86A, E and early F. On the later 'dual store' wing the inboard pylon was further in and the outboard further out. I've measured the Revell D wing and the pylon is also accurately placed on the kit. Also the drop tanks are the correct 120-gal tanks for the early F-86F. 

Thank you very much Sabrejet. 

The example I am building is a SAAF Korea F-86 fighter-bomber. It will have two 1000lb bombs on the inner pylons close to the main gear. Does this mean I have to move the drop tanks further outboard as on the Academy model wing?

Pierre