1/72 V-22 Osprey White Prototype Decal Source?

Other than the rollout scheme that was in the first Italeri kit, I don't think they exist.  That said, it's not hard to put together a set from the spares box and dry-transfer letters for the "Bell-Boeing" on the fuselage side.

12 minutes ago, Joe Hegedus said:

Other than the rollout scheme that was in the first Italeri kit, I don't think they exist.  That said, it's not hard to put together a set from the spares box and dry-transfer letters for the "Bell-Boeing" on the fuselage side.

Yes, that was my first thought. And I have a considerable selection of decals to choose from. But the outlines around emergency exits, the proper size flags, and dry transfer letters of the proper size and font are not so easy to source. So if I can find a premade set of decals, so much the better.

7 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Testors reboxed the Italeri molds with the prototype markings so there's another search option.

edit: Testors kit #640

That's the Marine Corp's rollout markings, right? Guess I should have been more specific. I'm looking for the markings for the all white prototypes.

But thanks for the suggestion.

7 minutes ago, habu2 said:

• jstar changed the title to 1/72 V-22 Osprey White Prototype Decal Source?

Correct, they are black markings on a Euro type came scheme.  I don't know if anyone has done the rollout scheme.

Fun fact: Jay Miller and I photographed the delivery of the first V-22 fuselage to Bell from Boeing, delivered in a C-5.  We also attended and photographed the first flight.  I used to live next to the Bell flight test center, XV-15 and V-22 overflights almost every day.

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Correct, they are black markings on a Euro type came scheme.  I don't know if anyone has done the rollout scheme.

Fun fact: Jay Miller and I photographed the delivery of the first V-22 fuselage to Bell from Boeing, delivered in a C-5.  We also attended and photographed the first flight.  I used to live next to the Bell flight test center, XV-15 and V-22 overflights almost every day.

Now, that is a fun fact. I've only see one or two Osprey in flight, same for the XV-15. Currently working on Anigrand's XV-3 and XV-15, as well as Italeri's Osprey. Do you by any chance have photos of the Osprey interior? Curious about the ejections seats installed on the first three prototypes.

1 hour ago, jstar said:

Do you by any chance have photos of the Osprey interior? Curious about the ejections seats installed on the first three prototypes.

I don't but I'm sure the Aerofax (Jay's company) book does.

http://www.ipmsusa.org/reviews/Archive/Books/Aircraft/Aerofax_V-22/Aerofax_V-22.htm

Another (not so fun) fact:   Summer of 1992 I was flying the V-22 sim in Herndon VA when one of the prototypes (#4?) crashed into the Potomac.  Navy investigators immediately showed up and commandeered the sim to try to replicate the crash as part of their investigation. Seven fatalities, it was a dark day.

Edited by habu2
1 hour ago, habu2 said:

I don't but I'm sure the Aerofax (Jay's company) book does.

http://www.ipmsusa.org/reviews/Archive/Books/Aircraft/Aerofax_V-22/Aerofax_V-22.htm

Well I just reviewed my copy and there is only one pic of the cockpit, instrument panel only.  And only one brief mention that the first 3 ships had "Martin Baker zero/zero ejection seats".  The book does have numerous color photos of #1 in white.

WAPJ vol 10 also has a lot of good V-22 FSD pics, but none of the seats.

6 hours ago, habu2 said:

That WAS the rollout scheme.  It was painted over the white/orange flight test markings, I believe.

The white/orange ships had ejection seats, basically the same seat as an FA-18A/B (not NACES).  

V-22 4.jpg

1 hour ago, jstar said:

Thanks, I have that. Bought it as soon as it came out. It's the part you quoted got me to ask.

There's a B&W pic in there of the first fuselage being rolled out the back of the C-5. Jay took the photo, I think that's me on the left.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, all, for your help. Have found a source for the decals for the prototype at  'parkes68decals' , and the seats are Martin Baker US10E-1  according to 'Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey: An Aeroguide Special' by Anthony Thornborough. Four nice picture of the seat in there.

• 9 months later...

The Aeroguide Special

V-22 Osprey Bell-Boeing

Tilt-Rotor(1990) reference book  has photos of BuNo 3911 through BuNo 3914 in the White/ Day-Glo Orange, Initial Roll-out, and US Marines camouflage paint schemes. To include photos of the early ejection seats. There are photos and 3-view drawings of 3914 camouflaged paint scheme.

Edited by f4u4 nut
Added more information