Two AIM-9M

LITENING AT targeting pod

GBU-12

GBU-54

GBU-31

AGM-65

2.75 rocket pod

GBU-12

This was a very standard load when the Hogs were beating up on ISIS a few years ago, flown by Idaho, Baltimore, ft. Wayne, and DMAFB jets.  This particular photo is a DM-based 354FS Hog.

Jake

And in that pic, Stations 4 & 5 would have had GBU-38v1's with nose plugs.  The rockets on station 2 are specifically AGR-20 laser-guided rockets; the tube is a slightly longer-than-standard LAU-131 and the rocket warheads extend beyond the front face of the pod.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:20 AM, marcinko said:

Thanks a lot Jake, I am planning to build a bird armed like that, minus the dirt/slime from the belly, I cannot do that  and I am pretty sure this bird was an exception

The Hogs got filthy over there... I can assure you that happy Piggy wasn't an exception!

Edited by Guard Hog
On 11/30/2020 at 10:20 AM, marcinko said:

Thanks a lot Jake, I am planning to build a bird armed like that, minus the dirt/slime from the belly, I cannot do that  and I am pretty sure this bird was an exception

No way.  Make your Hog filthy.  That's a happy jet that's been shooting its gun a lot.  They came back to stateside absolutely FILTHY.  

Guard Hog was there.  He can tell you.

Jake

Can someone clarify the rocket pods for me? What is the difference between the 68 and 131, and the rockets used they use. Also dimensions. I just bought the AMK weapons set because of the rocket pods. I eventually want to do some A-10’ from OIF/OEF to missions flown over Syria. Also what RP is it seen loaded on F-16 TERS over Syria. Am so confused. Also if AMK does not work is there any aftermarket available?

1 hour ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Can someone clarify the rocket pods for me? What is the difference between the 68 and 131, and the rockets used they use. Also dimensions. I just bought the AMK weapons set because of the rocket pods. I eventually want to do some A-10’ from OIF/OEF to missions flown over Syria. Also what RP is it seen loaded on F-16 TERS over Syria. Am so confused. Also if AMK does not work is there any aftermarket available?

These links might help.  Looks like the LAU-131A/A is about a foot longer than the baseline LAU-131.  I can't speak to the LAU-68 vs LAU-131.

https://www.arnolddefense.com/product/lau-131-a/

https://www.arnolddefense.com/product/lau-131-a-2/

The AGR-20 (APKWS) takes a standard 2.75" HE rocket but inserts the sensors/guidance/fins section between the warhead and the rocket motor, making it longer than that standard HE rocket.  If it were loaded in a standard LAU-131 -- too short for the now longer rocket -- that guidance section would be exposed outside the pod and that's not compatible with how the rocket was built. 

7 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Phase Hangar Resin makes a APKWS in 1/48 appropriate for missions flown over Syria.

https://phasehangarresin.com/collections/48001-1-48/products/48049-apkws-advanced-precision-kill-weapon-system-rocket-launcher-set-of-two

Attack Squadron made a LAU-131 pod but it is OOP.

3 hours ago, okthree said:

Phase Hangar Resin makes a APKWS in 1/48 appropriate for missions flown over Syria.

https://phasehangarresin.com/collections/48001-1-48/products/48049-apkws-advanced-precision-kill-weapon-system-rocket-launcher-set-of-two

Attack Squadron made a LAU-131 pod but it is OOP.

Just ordered 2 sets from phase hanger thanks.