Hobby Boss su 27 1/48 Canopy Disaster

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a 1/48 Hobby Boss su 27 in Digital Camo.

However as I was working on removing the seam line on the front canopy part, I found a way to crack it in half.

Does anyone know where I can find a spare canopy? I contacted joanna@trumpeter-china.com but didn't get any answer, I've searched for aftermarker vacu canopies and spare sprues all across the internet wifhout any luck.

I have considered making my own vacu but it is too delicate to make a mold out of after glueing the parts bad together.

I really hope someone out there can help, I poured so much effort and after market into this kit that I am heartbroken to think it might end up on the shelf of doom.

Anyway thanks for the help.

I would try the forums to see if anyone has one. Here its under the "spare box". I've managed to get both a canopy for an OOP Revell kit and a nose cone for a Trumpeter Vigilante. If it doesn't work out, you may have to buy another kit and sell it minus the canopy on Ebay to recoup some funds.

Email Joanna again and CC info@trumpeter-china.com explaining that Joanna hasn’t responded.
I had a customer do this after trying twice with no reply. When he did this he received a reply the same day.

Good luck!

:cheers:

Hello,

Fairy Hobby have made (in 2012 !) vacuum canopies for Su-27 and SU-27 UB but they are mainly for Academy kits. I do not know if it's adaptable to Hobby Boss. 

Link here : https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev5/4501-4600/rev4532-fairy-hobby-FRH48005/00.shtm

Good luck also !

JC