KC-135E/R Engines?

15 hours ago, Kirk Taylor said:

Does anyone know where to get this set? 

RAF Boeing RC-135W Airseeker

Combat Conversions | No. CC72-009 | 1:72

Boxart RAF Boeing RC-135W Airseeker CC72-009 Combat Conversions

A quick search did not turn up a seller or price.

Thanks,

Kirk Taylor

These are regularly available on eBay.co.uk, from what appears to be the guy who produces them (he has a range of other items available on the UK site) - this is the only one of them which shows up on eBay.com:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Combat-Conversions-Boeing-RC-135W-Airseeker-resin-conversion-kit-1-72-scale/284129214754?hash=item42276bc122:g:7d8AAOSwPW9eyXT-

Same one in its UK site guise:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Combat-Conversions-Boeing-RC-135W-Airseeker-resin-conversion-kit-1-72-scale/284129214754?hash=item42276bc122:g:7d8AAOSwPW9eyXT-

Decals available separately:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Combat-Decals-Boeing-RC-135W-Airseeker-Decal-sheet-1-72-scale/284129214745?hash=item42276bc119:g:B5UAAOSw~vtexDI2

On 12/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, Dutch said:

The Airfix 1:72 E-3D/F kits (#12004) includes both the 707 style JT3D and the CFM-56 engines which might be coaxed onto the AMT/ERTL KC-135.  I seem to remember an article about that in FSM or some other British modeling mag when both kits were first released. K/r, Dutch

We must remember, the CFM-56 on the Sentry is much larger than the engine fitted to the KC-135.

The Sentry has the -2A3 whereas the '135's have the -2B1 variant.

13 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

You do know that that RC-135W conversion set cant actually convert a KC-135A kit into an RC-135W or even KC-135R accurately right? 

@Kirk Taylor was looking for the RC-135 kit.

I have all the pieces I need (for now) to build this as a R-model.

• 2 months later...

Hi gents, not to steal the topic, but something engine related. I got RC-135V/W kit from AMT.

I can see that in the instructions, they show you to install parts 135 REVERSE SLEEVE.

So, I guess it is correct when building RC-135W with TF33-P-5 engines.

But, what about RC-135V with TF33-P-9 engines WITHOUT thrust reversers ?

Just dont install parts 135 to all engines ?

OR ?

Are there any nice side drawings showing the engines with and without the reversers ?

Thanks ! 

You need to install the reverser pieces anyway because they are actually the outer part of the cowling.  If you left them off there would be a large hole that isn't going to look right.  The actual reverser would be inside the moving cowl piece.

Rick L.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, ElectroSoldier said:

Fair enough. I got a little lost.

So how did you solve the tailplane problem? 

A member here gave me the proper tails.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, iggy said:

Can  I ask re tail planes on the RAF's RIVET JOINT, what tail is best fitted and where are they sourced please?

You would need to find an AMT/Italeri KC-135R kit a rob the tail plains from it or any Heller/Airfix 707/E-3 kit would also give you the right sized tail planes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 10:44 PM, Trojan Thunder said:

You would need to find an AMT/Italeri KC-135R kit a rob the tail plains from it or any Heller/Airfix 707/E-3 kit would also give you the right sized tail planes.

I had an EMT off Ebay and very fortunately a tail plane set off an Airfix E3 as spares from the same source