What is happening with Sierra Hotel Models

I fear you are right.  

I seem to have restarted the hobby a year too late, a few years back, to purchase anything from them.

Too bad no one has purchased their molds for their f-16 bang seats.  they seemed to be the best on the market.  

PLUS they were planning on a A-10C cockpit for the monogram kit, just one example of some of their tasty bits that I would purchase now.

Does anyone know why they have faded away?  

11 hours ago, cruiz said:

You will need patience; I waited five years to get one of their sets; during that time, website updates were almost none; patience (and compulsive behavior to check their site often).

I’ve all but given up on ever seeing my order. Tried to get refund and even PayPal went 🤷🏻‍♂️. I should’ve known better but, it said in stock and I was stupid enough to believe it that time. 

It took me a few months of trying to get  either Kurt or Mike to deal with my enquiries..

Eventually it got done.. 

I got the impression that  they rarely communicate  with each other, and that  neither of them  accept responsibility  for running the site or answering  emails.

Also, that they aren't  interested  in anything but selling  via the U.S. nats.....

1 hour ago, mungo1974 said:

Did anyone actually get to buy anything from them?,apart from a select few people at acouple of Nats shows everything always seemed to be OOP.

Just the Nats several years back in Colorado I think. 

2 hours ago, fulcrum1 said:

Been trying to get ahold of their F-22 tails for the academy kit for years, no luck.

That's the one I'd waited for five years; first placed an order in 2013 but days later received a refund because they were sold out; I kept checking the site regularly, finally, in 2018, I could get one; they sold out almost immediately; keep checking often and good luck.

4 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

Did anyone actually get to buy anything from them?,apart from a select few people at acouple of Nats shows everything always seemed to be OOP.

I scored a couple of F-16 seats from them a year or two ago. Don't remember it taking too long. We made email contact reasonably quickly. I consider myself lucky to have the items in hand and will hopefully use them for two upcoming projects.

10 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

I actually got some of their ACES II ejection seats and A-10 intakes. I should have gotten some S-3 engines while I had the chance.

I could spend $$$ with them but everything I want is listed as sold out.  I always had hoped to make it to a Nats to pick up their products in person but never made it. I always hesitated to buy off their website because I didn’t want to end up like the guy in the old Squadron ad covered in cob webs as I wait by my mailbox. I used to visit their website frequently but have not visited recently.  This  thread got me curious.  Just dropped by.  It’s still up, the format is changed and there’s new pictures of some of their sold out products.  They have many new products listed as coming soon.  Maybe there’s hope they are coming back. 

23 hours ago, peterburns said:

Go to the 2021 nationals in Las Vegas.  Chances are good they'll be there with the parts your looking for.  That's the only way I have any luck with them

If it doesn’t get canceled. 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:11 PM, peterburns said:

Go to the 2021 nationals in Las Vegas.  Chances are good they'll be there with the parts your looking for.  That's the only way I have any luck with them

That's a crappy business model.  If they can't handle online ordering & fulfillment then sign up with a distributor who can. 

I tried to order from their website many times but everything I wanted was always sold out. I went to the Columbus Nats in 2011 and they were

there so I bought as much as I could afford (F-16 cockpit upgrade sets and F-100 nozzles). If you go to the Nats and find them don't hesitate,

buy it while you can as they sold out quickly on the popular items. Very nice stuff!