Please tell me if I am wrong but I could not find any previous news about this kit. The Ukrainian ClearProp is preparing a new tool 72nd scale version of the MiG-23ML/MLD and P version. From CAD images it looks like a lot of alternative parts are prepared for these version. 

02AEZ8i.jpg

bw8XAHb.jpg

anVxarR.jpg

qCy6PNi.jpg

xlTTMn4.jpg

Here are alternative parts, depending on versions. A lot of attention to fine detail!!!

j6tbTpa.jpg

C7mkn38.jpg

7vEdqAK.jpg

At the same time on the fakebook page of ClearProp company in a response to a question about other (earlier) versions of the Flogger ClearProp replied (very rightfully) that they are a very different design with out elaborating further but making it understand that this kit is for these late versions only (ML, MLA,  MLD & P).

I can only hope that if this kit is going to be a business success then they will see a justification for producing the earlier versions also like the very popular MiG-23MF for example.

Concerning the current CAD images there is one small question. Detailing and attention to differences between particular sub versions is really worth noting! But it is not clear why were the airbrakes left so  naked on the inner side, while the actual airbrake bays have a certain level of detailing, appropriate for the scale. 

I can only hope that the images show only a present level of detailing and will be further modified as work goes on and the very distinct perforation of the airbrakes will be added. Or at least a photoetch version will be included in the kit. Renders show many photoetch parts, so adding airbrake interriors should not be such a big extra.

dpSSj3Z.jpg

Airbrakes are often seen in open position on static Floggers, and it would be a great and very fine detail if added with the kit.

Before anyone asks:

-  There are no release dates at the moment.

-  This kit is 72nd scale, the scale which is most popular in Russia. So I dont see any chance for a 48th scale up-scale of the kit for the moment.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Sorry I could not find this. Looked through some previous pages but could not see anything aobut this CLearProp kit.

Did a quick search also with ARC topic search also with no result.

But if there was already a topic then I think moderators can delete this one. No problem at all.

Best regaerds

Gabor

9 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Please tell me if I am wrong but I could not find any previous news about this kit. The Russian ClearProp is preparing a new tool 72nd scale version of the MiG-23ML/MLD and P version. From CAD images it looks like a lot of alternative parts are prepared for these version. 

02AEZ8i.jpg

bw8XAHb.jpg

anVxarR.jpg

qCy6PNi.jpg

xlTTMn4.jpg

Here are alternative parts, depending on versions. A lot of attention to fine detail!!!

j6tbTpa.jpg

C7mkn38.jpg

7vEdqAK.jpg

At the same time on the fakebook page of ClearProp company in a response to a question about other (earlier) versions of the Flogger ClearProp replied (very rightfully) that they are a very different design with out elaborating further but making it understand that this kit is for these late versions only (ML, MLA,  MLD & P).

I can only hope that if this kit is going to be a business success then they will see a justification for producing the earlier versions also like the very popular MiG-23MF for example.

Concerning the current CAD images there is one small question. Detailing and attention to differences between particular sub versions is really worth noting! But it is not clear why were the airbrakes left so  naked on the inner side, while the actual airbrake bays have a certain level of detailing, appropriate for the scale. 

I can only hope that the images show only a present level of detailing and will be further modified as work goes on and the very distinct perforation of the airbrakes will be added. Or at least a photoetch version will be included in the kit. Renders show many photoetch parts, so adding airbrake interriors should not be such a big extra.

dpSSj3Z.jpg

Airbrakes are often seen in open position on static Floggers, and it would be a great and very fine detail if added with the kit.

Before anyone asks:

-  There are no release dates at the moment.

-  This kit is 72nd scale, the scale which is most popular in Russia. So I dont see any chance for a 48th scale up-scale of the kit for the moment.

Best regards

Gabor

Come on Mr. Gabor, think positively about a new MiG-23

in 1/48th scale!  

4 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Come on Mr. Gabor, think positively about a new MiG-23

in 1/48th scale!  

Life is too short!

Certainly not ClearProp will do it, if anyone. Who is there today who can do a good kit and will invest in it?????

I be happy with this 72nd scale one if and when it is released and will build it as an Afganistan version. I dont expect them to make earlier MF version (for the moment). 

With the virus everything changed. Look at for instance plans by Eduard, they are pushing further out releases and it takes ages. For example even the 72nd MiG-21R version which was planned to be released this December (2020) and it is December already will possibly be release only in a years time if at all. My prediction last year (or the year before) that Edu will do a MiG-21bis in 72nd was extremely optimistic with 2-3 years. Now I would say it is even more time, but starting the count-down from today! 

The difference between optimist and pessimist is that the pessimist has a bit more information!

Gabor

57 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Life is too short!

Certainly not ClearProp will do it, if anyone. Who is there today who can do a good kit and will invest in it?????

I be happy with this 72nd scale one if and when it is released and will build it as an Afganistan version. I dont expect them to make earlier MF version (for the moment). 

With the virus everything changed. Look at for instance plans by Eduard, they are pushing further out releases and it takes ages. For example even the 72nd MiG-21R version which was planned to be released this December (2020) and it is December already will possibly be release only in a years time if at all. My prediction last year (or the year before) that Edu will do a MiG-21bis in 72nd was extremely optimistic with 2-3 years. Now I would say it is even more time, but starting the count-down from today! 

The difference between optimist and pessimist is that the pessimist has a bit more information!

Gabor

Ha!

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

Life is too short!

Gabor

Perhaps Minibase or GWH will 

do one! 

10 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Perhaps Minibase or GWH will 

do one! 

Dont think so! But here we should talk about this ClearProp kit in 72nd and try to avoid a Wish List. 

Love to see (actually hate it) when on different company fakebooks a new product is announced and in comments one finds a lot of "OK but why dont you do this or that kit . . ."

Here we have a new kit (hopefully keventually) and we should be happy that it is in progress.

Best regards

Gabor

Can't wait....

Started the KP kit last spring, but gave up halfway..... for some strange reason seems I have bad luck with the Mig-23: many kits started, never managed to finish one..... let's hope that finally an accurate (an easy!) kit will solve the problem :)

18 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Dont think so! But here we should talk about this ClearProp kit in 72nd and try to avoid a Wish List. 

Love to see (actually hate it) when on different company fakebooks a new product is announced and in comments one finds a lot of "OK but why dont you do this or that kit . . ."

Here we have a new kit (hopefully keventually) and we should be happy that it is in progress.

Best regards

Gabor

Oh dear!

• 1 year later...

This is interesting!!!! First test sprues of the ClearProp MiG-23!
I hope it all works out for them! It has been in making for a very long time.  It is not easy in these difficult times!

LOOKS FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G7E9ZkC.jpg

SPbaNma.jpg

2HWbU8L.jpg

BeAhwoU.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

• 2 months later...

Here is a little test build of the fin. The separate rudder is for the latter version. I would expect several fin caps for the future versions. A little strange break down of parts there which will have a joint line in an awkward place but . . .

e4dhUS5.jpg

Dont ask me what the flame holder ring out of brass wire is doing there on the right bottom photo. 

mM6bDIL.jpg 

Best regards

Gabor

47 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Cautiously optimistic.  I had HIGH hopes when RV released theirs and was bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

RV master parts were handmade. ClearProp is CAD/CAM so I'm more optimistic on the parts fit.

Many, many moons ago RV has published a book full of scale drawings. Many of them were used in making, detailing kits with RV logo.

At a first glance the RV drawings look WOW with millions of rivets all over, details and everything. In reality about 80% of it is pure fiction! All this is reflected on the kits made using the drawings.

I was also very curious when the RV MiG-23 was released, so much so that purchased several versions instantly. I have kept only one example as something that one should NEVER do when making / designing a kit. All the rest were sold at the very first opportunity.

So I would say there is little, very little going for the RV kit apart from its price.

Fortunately based on images and CAD’s of the ClearProp kit it should be a very different ball game!

Best regards

Gabor

• 1 month later...