By JOVe! Grumman's toothy Mohawk JOV-1A

Here we go again- I had fully intended to take on this kit two whole builds, a relocation and an an open-heart procedure ago. It sure is satisfying tick off another 'good intention'. As with all my builds I'm keeping it simple- NOT! C'mon- take a look.

Mohawk_001.jpg

Mohawk_002.jpg

Mohawk_003.jpg

Mohawk_004.jpg

Mohawk_005.jpg

Mohawk_006.jpg

Mohawk_007.jpg

Mohawk_008.jpg

Mohawk_009.jpg

Mohawk_010.jpg

Mohawk_011.jpg

Mohawk_012.jpg

Mohawk_013.jpg

Mohawk_014.jpg

Mohawk_015.jpg

Mohawk_016.jpg

Mohawk_017.jpg

Mohawk_Ms_Staples.jpg

Mohawk_Only.jpg

Ms_Staples_001.jpg

Thanks, Guys- glad you like it! It's an interesting project- info is thin on the ground, as it was new technology and somewhat hush-hush. Any info on the JOV 1-A would be greatly appreciated, especially the gun sight and gun camera mounted on the IP cowling- thanks!

• 2 months later...

Thanks, AFM and Holmes! I'm making up a lot of these techniques on the fly- sometimes they work, sometimes you have to try a different way- and sometimes you have to reorder a PE set.  My next post will have tales of such events, and will happen soon. Cheers!

Just bought the new tools. Can not wait for them to get here. So tired of dremel melted styrene. And the sander?  Oh be still my beating heart what sorcery is this with the little sander?  Thank you for the tip!

you're a master of masters Sir!

🤩 

• 1 month later...

Just in time, I needed a dose of your Master Class; real impressive work Chukw.

How are you doing? I hope your health is improving.

Thanks for sharing, and take care.

Regards

Carlos

Thanks, Carlos! I'm doing better every day- except for the fact that I got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday and today I'm a bit achy. That should disappear tomorrow- it's good to be fully vaccinated!

Thanks, Tim!  Someone told me never to Google that term, but i didn't find anything risque,  darn it. It's what it's called on the label at Home depot- a heavy, self-adhesive aluminum tap for used HVAC duct sealing and so forth. It's like a big roll of metal duct tape, cheap and one roll will last a modeling lifetime. Try some- you'll like it.

Edited by chukw
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks, Skydivin!

HI, everyone! Here at long last is Episode 4. I've been taking things slow for a variety of reasons, like family, health, work, home and garden, and friends. Modeling has taken a back seat for a couple of reasons- mostly because my mojo has gone into a slump.  A big part of that was the loss of my good friend and modelling pal Matt Odom, who recently lost his 13 year battle with brain cancer. He was a brilliant 1/32 scale enthusiast, a Canadian cop and loving family man. We communicated mainly by text and sometimes, phone. It was just too much to sit at the bench and not be able to text him a pic of my newest dumb idea, or answer a question from his ever-inquisitive mind. Add in the slow recovery from my heart surgery- which included a measure of brain fog (or 'pump brain') from the heart/lung machine. To top it all off I'm developing cataracts, even as my eyesight begin to regress with age.  The latter is curable, the former demand patience and perseverance.  I'm not giving up- no way!  I'm just taking my time, and I hope to continue to keep sharing the joys and tribulations of this hobby with all my fellows around the globe- cheers!

Mohawk_051.jpg

Mohawk_052.jpg

Mohawk_053.jpg

Mohawk_054.jpg

Mohawk_055.jpg

Mohawk_056.jpg

Mohawk_057.jpg

Mohawk_058.jpg

Mohawk_059.jpg

Mohawk_060.jpg

Mohawk_061.jpg

Mohawk_062.jpg