By JOVe! Grumman's toothy Mohawk JOV-1A

So sad to hear of the loss of your friend; glad to see you are back, and I hope your health keeps improving.

Amazing work as always; surely those seats will put the aftermarket ones to shame.

Thank you, Chuck, for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Dave - that's my goal- to promote and help people enjoy our wonderful obsession with gluing and painting! 😉

Gracias, Carlos- I appreciate the sentiment.  As for the seats, here's a teaser.  Hint: I've already had to revise them!

241663206_10159323166692906_5822144799437689589_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

There's a bit of a curse in having lots and lots of reference on a build. I keep finding new things about the Mohawk, and have been figuring out some of the more shadowy ends as well. In spite of my soon-to-be corrected cataracts and relapsing vision problems I've actually gotten some stuff done!  Come along and see just what, won't you?

Mohawk_063.jpg

Mohawk_064.jpg

Mohawk_065.jpg

Mohawk_066.jpgMohawk_067.jpg

Mohawk_068.jpg

Mohawk_069.jpg

Mohawk_070.jpg

Mohawk_071.jpg

Mohawk_072.jpg

Mohawk_073.jpg

Mohawk_074.jpg

Mohawk_075.jpg

Mohawk_076.jpg

Ms_Staples_005.jpg

Excellent progress Chuck, those are very handsome seats; the detail on the inside of the windscreen will improve the overall look on that open canopy. I couldn't resist to re-read the build from the beginning.

Good luck with your treatment; my father got his cataracts corrected years ago; he was surprised by how much his vision improved because the deterioration is so slow.

Carlos

We'll be here when you wake up!  : )

Edit:  Actually I read you'll be awake the whole time and there's generally no discomfort.  But to think that you've been doing all these beautiful creations with poor vision -- wow!   Good luck on the procedure and looking forward to more pics : )

Edited by crackerjazz
On 11/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, chukw said:

Thanks, guys!  Got the drogue guns installed on the seats yesterday- will do some link rods today. Tomorrow is my first cataract surgery- wish me luck!

Wishing you the best for your surgery Chuck. Hope all goes well.

Steve

Thanks, Steve.!  The surgery was a complete success. I was cleared today with no additional lens prescription, no taping a goggle over my eye at night, and no exercise restrictions- yay!  I haven't dome any modeling for the past week, but I have started a kit review for a companion to the Mohawk. Here's a work-in-progress sketch of the special guest host, my pal Andrew (Meeting Comics Neal's Namdroid!  Namdroid is a fictional '60s TV show-within-a-gag-comic, Andrew's hilarious, mature-themed Meeting Comics. I'll be posting a brief photo review of a nice little resin kit real soon- cheers!

Nambot_WIP_001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh there's a second surgery?  Hope it goes well.   Cool little truck!  How are the layer-lines on the 3D printed parts?    I'm observing your sketches -- with a hand like that you could actually use your talent working for those big comics companies drawing Captain America or Spiderman. 

So, this is where you're posting now!  Excellent!  Missing all the modeling inspiration you give! 😄

I have my own Charlie Still Don't Surf fever raging right now.  New Cobras from ICM and today got more goodies for them.

Good thoughts and hopes for a speedy recovery from the surgery.  Perfect eyesight would make an awesome Christmas gift!

Regards,