By JOVe! Grumman's toothy Mohawk JOV-1A

Thanks, crackerjazz! I had my pre-op visit with my eye doc yesterday- the second eye gets MkII status on the 15th,  The 3D parts are very finely printed, with barely noticeable steps. I'm glad you like my sketches- I was indeed a penciller for DC, Marvel, Dark Horse etc, with my longest run on Justice League America back in the 90's. After, I worked as a concept and storyboard artist, in-house for Blur Studio for 13 years. O worked on all sorts of game project- Star Wars, Resident Evil, etc, and boarded the intro for the Deadpool movie, and small bits of other film and TV stuff.  Here's some comics projects recently done for Story Attic- essentially pitches for film, TV and animated projects:  Too Many Demons   Newman The Intended Pt 1  The Intended Pt 2      Enjoy!

Saul! Yes, I'm hoping to get all the surgery wrapped up before year's end.  Those Cobras look pretty nice- have you gotten the figures as well? The 1/48 look great. I post here, Hyperscale, LSP, Aeroscale (although I've had the pin-up screensavers censored out "to avoid insulting our American readers." Pfft. You can also find it all at http://www.chukw.blogspot.dom.  Cheers, my friend!

2 hours ago, chukw said:

Those Cobras look pretty nice- have you gotten the figures as well? The 1/48 look great. I post here, Hyperscale, LSP, Aeroscale (although I've had the pin-up screensavers censored out "to avoid insulting our American readers." Pfft. You can also find it all at http://www.chukw.blogspot.dom.  Cheers, my friend!

Indeed, I have two from ICM (Late and the one with pilots) plus ordered the Special Hobby.  I will check out the (hopefully uncensored) art at your site!

Be well and stay safe!

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Carlos! It did go very well and my left eye vision is better every day. I was even able to add a few details to my Mohawks ejection seats last evening. Colors are brighter, especially blue!

Cheers-

Chuck

Glad to know everything went well, Chuck.

I've just realized that the amazing work you have done so far has been made not with your best eyesight, I don't want to think about what will be from now on.

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, chukw said:

Mohawk_002.jpg

Roden's artist, Valeriy Grigorenko, was killed in front of his home in Irpin on March 04th, 2022.Возможно, это изображение (1 человек и на открытом воздухе)

Chuk, you wondered about the uncropped artwork, here it is:
No description available.

Regards,

1 hour ago, sharkmouth said:

Roden's artist, Valeriy Grigorenko, was killed in front of his home in Irpin on March 04th, 2022.

Terrible news... May his soul rest in peace. The world will never forgive this brutal assault on a thriving sovereign nation, full of creative and hardworking people.

1 hour ago, sharkmouth said:

Roden's artist, Valeriy Grigorenko, was killed in front of his home in Irpin on March 04th, 2022.Возможно, это изображение (1 человек и на открытом воздухе)

Chuk, you wondered about the uncropped artwork, here it is:
No description available.

Regards,

That is heartbreaking news- to hell with Putin!  His artwork was always a delight- I was tempted many times to buy a kit just for his box art.  Fair winds, Valeriy, fair winds.  I hope this is not inappropriate, But I have a small contribution to this benefit book being published by Chris Meddings of Inside the Armour. You can pre-order it- I have- and every bit of the profits to to our Ukrainian friends in this, their dark hour. Here's Chris: 

I am super excited to reveal the cover of 'Models for Ukraine' with you all
This is a beautiful original artwork by Chuck Wojtkiewicz that features the iconic sunflower, national flower of Ukraine and a nod to the Ukranian manufacturers
Remember, the profits from this book will be donated in their entirety to Disasters Emergency Committee for humanitarian aid to Ukraine. If you haven't bought it already, you can find out more at www.insidethearmour.com

Benefit_Cover_01_WIP_03.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm back! My vision isn't perfect, but I've had some improvement, and am on track to try some new therapies. Here's what I managed to pull off in the meantime- enjoy!

Mohawk_077.jpg

Mohawk_078.jpg

Mohawk_079.jpg

Mohawk_080.jpg

Mohawk_081.jpg

Mohawk_082.jpg

Mohawk_083.jpg

Mohawk_084.jpg

Mohawk_085.jpg

Mohawk_086.jpg

Mohawk_087.jpg

Mohawk_088.jpg

Mohawk_089.jpg

Mohawk_090.jpg

Mohawk_091.jpg

Mohawk_092.jpg

Mohawk_093.jpgMs_Staples_006.jpg

Nice to see you back, Chuck, and better yet, to know your health is improving.

Fantastic work overall, but especially on the seats; I'm eager to see them painted.

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks, Sharkmouth, cruiz and A-10 LOADER!  If anyone still remembers, I'm back with this eternal build. Just had a great visit with my Optho and the old peepers are in pretty good shape. I've done this up special- for you!

Mohawk_094.jpg

Mohawk_095.jpg

Mohawk_096.jpg

Mohawk_097.jpg

Mohawk_098.jpgMohawk_099.jpgMohawk_100.jpg

Mohawk_101.jpg

Mohawk_102.jpg

Mohawk_103.jpg

Mohawk_104.jpg

Mohawk_105.jpg

Mohawk_106.jpg

Mohawk_107.jpg

Ms_Staples_007.jpg

Ms_Staples_008.jpg

Edited by chukw
7 minutes ago, chukw said:

Thanks, Sharkmouth, cruiz and A-10 LOADER!  If anyone still remembers, I'm back with this eternal build. Just had a great visit with my Optho and the old peepers are in pretty good shape. I've done this up special- for you!

Of course, I remember!  Glad all is going well and the build is FANTASTIC!

19 minutes ago, sharkmouth said:

Of course, I remember!  Glad all is going well and the build is FANTASTIC!

Thanks, Saul- it's great to have binocular vision again- and I don't have to see my regular Optho for 3 months.

Super-beautiful work, chuckw!  That cockpit looks amazingly realistic.   And I love the tonal variations that make for realism -- the walls, floors, all of it.   That coaming, for example,  I'd say you have 2 or 3 oil colors that go onto the black?  I'd love to learn how you do your weathering.   There's no mottling/blackbasing anywhere, is there?

You never cease to amaze us, Chuck; excellent work and attention to detail, like the hinge in the window. The best part is knowing everything is going well with your eyes.

Thanks for sharing.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:44 PM, crackerjazz said:

Super-beautiful work, chuckw!  That cockpit looks amazingly realistic.   And I love the tonal variations that make for realism -- the walls, floors, all of it.   That coaming, for example,  I'd say you have 2 or 3 oil colors that go onto the black?  I'd love to learn how you do your weathering.   There's no mottling/blackbasing anywhere, is there?

Thanks, C-Jazz!  I did do some oil paint rendering with white, and after a flat coat added some Mig Pigments- Concrete and Rubble. After sealing with Mig Pigment fixer they eventuall got rubbed partially away, so I repeated the process, and it did build into a nice patina.

Much appreciated, Carlos- Drawings of the Mohawk are fairly rare- and the nacellles always block the upper rear corner of the side canopies.  The sloping joint didn't seek to be possible, either- eventually I figured it out. 😉 My right is still healing, but it's so much better, and my left eye picks up the load. Between the two I can function pretty well!

Thanks, Rich- I'll be adding all the plumbing the remaining three window panels- modern aircraft are such complicated beasts!