F-117 intake color

I haven't found any good pics of what color the F-117 intake trunking is.  I assumed white and painted it that way on the Trumpeter 32nd kit, but with the PE screens you can really make out the intake color.  On the real thing you cannot see any white at all.  Wondering if it was painted with the same black stealth coating that the fuselage was painted.  Thanks in advanced

15 minutes ago, habu2 said:

There's probably a Very Good reason why......

Very probably.   I may just repaint them black because either they are black or the screens on the real thing are thick enough that you can't easily see through

Well, just off the top of my head, the intakes would pretty much definitely be coated with RAM, being as they are super-high radar reflectors.  I suppose the RAM could be painted any color, but....

I do know that I once saw curved B-2 intake trunking, uninstalled, and I believe it was a graphite black-gray-gunmetal type of color.  Might be something similar for the 117.

One can see it in a way. I was at a German base in 93 for a closed door visit of a F-117. A handfull of journalists / photographers were there for the arrival of the jet. Ground personal did a post flight inspection including one of them climbing into the intake through the top door. 

Have somewhere the photos and we took them from a top view. It was interesting to see the technician disappear into the jet. Have to find it, not sure if anything of the interior colour is visible but by logic is, to inspect for any FOD or damage it would be difficult to do on a dark or black interior surface. 

Nothing of the interior colour is visible from headon or any direction from outside, unless the top doors are open. 

Best regards

Gabor