which one to go for Silhouette Portrait cutter or Cricut

I have both, and both do a great job.  However, Silhouette Portrait comes with a powerful, feature rich editing software that allows you to draw and edit any shape and curve.  The software that comes with Cricut is very limited.  You can only draw text and primitive shapes with it.  No spline editing capability.  Therefore, you will need an external vector graphics software, such as Adobe Illustrator.  The nice thing about Cricut is you can store your custom cut settings for future use, but the latest version of Silhouette Portrait can also do this.  For modeling use, I would go with the Silhouette Portrait 3.

Good to know that the Silhouette got another thumbs up. I bought the Silhouette Cameo 4 well over a year ago, and still haven’t taken it out of its box.  Someday I need to set it up and see how it works, but I considered both and decided on the Silhoutte.  Good Luck!

46 minutes ago, agelos2005 said:

You buy the caliper and then? Still need cutting tool

You buy the caliper to measure the wheel hubs.  Isn't your original question which cutter to choose?  The Silhouette Portrait is your cutting tool.