F-80 riveting

I've seen this type of request before: there is no such thing as a "riveting plan". You will find fastener locations on manufacturer's drawings but I've never seen them made up into anything that encompasses the whole aircraft.

So I'm not surprised you haven't found anything. Or do you just need F-80 plans?

Hi Potez,

The best 1:48 Shooting Star build I've seen is this one by Tony Bell. It was featured in the December 2007 issue of Tamiya Model Magazine International. In the article, he mentions a set of F-80 drawings from a 1973 KokuFan publication that were referenced for the rivet pattern.

I know this information is of limited value. But perhaps with a little detective work (and luck) you might locate those plans. Or maybe you could track down Tony via email or other social media. I know that he was active on Hyperscale at one point.

Rich

dbkGxNn.jpg

Edited by RichB63
  • 2 weeks later...

Potez

You can find at least some F-80 riveting in official documents TO 1F-80A3 Structural repair instructuions and AN 01-75FJA-4 Parts catalogue for this plane. They can be downloaded from avialogs website or I can send you. My e-mail is mlnjvtc@gmail.com.

Milan Jevtic, Belgrade, Serbia

On 12/20/2020 at 3:42 PM, jefferson said:

Potez

You can find at least some F-80 riveting in official documents TO 1F-80A3 Structural repair instructuions and AN 01-75FJA-4 Parts catalogue for this plane. They can be downloaded from avialogs website or I can send you. My e-mail is mlnjvtc@gmail.com.

Milan Jevtic, Belgrade, Serbia

Thank you very much for hour help I have an account on avialogs 🙂 

On the other hand I have found what I was looking for.

An old issue of monthly MPM Novinky no 45 from 2009 contains a set of F-80 and RF-80 3 view drawings with detailed riveting lines on pages 26-27 in 1:72 scale.

Merry Christmas and thank you all for your kind help!

Edited by potez