Eduard P-51D Royal Class tire treads?

Hi All,

I have the Eduard P-51D Royal Class kit, which includes 2 P-51Ds of varying variants, allowing you to build a Block 5, 10, 15,20 or 25.  As it happens, and we all know that Eduard wants to sell as many aftermarket items as possible, they came out with 8 additional tire tread wheel sets to accompany the Royal Class kit.  My question is about these tread patterns.  I haven't determined which 2 tread patterns were include in my kit (the kit says that 2 'at random' tire tread pattern wheels would be included), but I'm curious if the tire treads correspond to a particular Block variant, or could any of the 8 different tread patterns have been included on any given airplane?  I know that the best answer is always 'check your resources', but if there aren't any resources that are detailed enough to show tread patterns, is there a pattern that is 'better' for a given Block type, or were the tread patterns simply whatever was available at the factory at the time?

Edited by Curt B
5 hours ago, Curt B said:

Hi All,

I have the Eduard P-51D Royal Class kit, which includes 2 P-51Ds of varying variants, allowing you to build a Block 5, 10, 15,20 or 25.  As it happens, and we all know that Eduard wants to sell as many aftermarket item as possible, they came out with 8 additional tire tread wheel sets to accompany the Royal Class kit.  My question is about these tread patterns.  I haven't determined which 2 tread patterns were include in my kit (the kit says that 2 'at random' tire tread patter wheels would be included), but I'm curious if the tire treads correspond to a particular Block variant, or could any of the 8 different tread patterns have been included on any given airplane?  I know that the best answer is always 'check your resources', but if there aren't any resources that are detailed enough to show tread patterns, is there a pattern that is 'better' for a given Block type, or were the tread patterns simply whatever was available at the factory at the time?

I believe it was whatever was available!  Have fun with it 👍🏻👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

I believe it was whatever was available!  Have fun with it 👍🏻👍🏻

You are, of course, right!  I just like to be as accurate as is possible 😊