1/72 Modelcollect B-2 build question.

For anybody that has built the kit. Is it better to follow the instructions when building the fuselage and build the outer wings and center separate then join as sub assemblies? Or is it better to add the outer wings to the center top and bottom halves and them put them together as two large parts like with the Testors kit?

3 hours ago, VIPER0177 said:

For anybody that has built the kit. Is it better to follow the instructions when building the fuselage and build the outer wings and center separate then join as sub assemblies? Or is it better to add the outer wings to the center top and bottom halves and them put them together as two large parts like with the Testors kit?

I haven’t gotten to that point yet...busy folding all the Eduard landing gear and bomb bay pieces. But unless I hear otherwise, my plan has been to join the wings to the respective upper and lower halves, then build top to bottom. 

I’m planning this way for two reasons. First, it’s easier to deal with the seams between top and bottom than large flat surfaces. So I would favor making those seams as best as possible. Second, I’d like to add some reinforcing plastic sheet to these joints. 

ES I was thinking the same as you. dealing with seams on 2 large pieces sounds better than 6 smaller ones. I've been doing all the sub assemblies I can that don't require PE so far. I have the big Ed set and it's a lot of brass so that's next. Anything I need to watch out for with the PE?

I haven't made it so far along to have a lot of advice.  I'm using the Big Ed set as well.  The cockpit is done and was pretty straight forward.  The color on the Eduard photo etch for the gray is awful and I personally think they should be masked off and the gray repainted.  You won't see any of the throttle handles, but added them anyway.  They are very fiddly.

Otherwise I have folded up and completed the two MLG bays.  They were pretty straight forward, but make sure your folds are sharp or they won't fit in the plastic housings.  Make sure the PE lines up with the plastic locating holes for the landing gear struts.  And I filled the seem between the PE and plastic, as this will show once glued in placed. 

Beyond that, I still have work to do.  The finished bird won't fit in my current Ikea display cases, so I'm letting this one be slow.  Sometime when COVID is under form of control here, I'll be getting some new cases and will start to actually pick up some speed.