December 7th 1941.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:11 PM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Thanks for remembering...

I've spent 20 years with the last survivors of the USS Arizona, nearly all lost to the ages now....

I was blessed to speak this morning at the annual commemoration at the University of Arizona.

That’s outstanding.  Cherish the time with these hero’s.  Our time with these veterans is fleeting. 

3 minutes ago, okthree said:

That’s outstanding.  Cherish the time with these hero’s.  Our time with these veterans is fleeting. 

Yes, only two left, Lou Conter and Ken Potts; I didn't get as close to them as I did to several others, but I cherish the times I did spend with them.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Yes, only two left, Lou Conter and Ken Potts; I didn't get as close to them as I did to several others, but I cherish the times I did spend with them.

If those are the only two who are still with us it must sadly mean the survivor I know is gone.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

If those are the only two who are still with us it must sadly mean the survivor I know is gone.

Well, to be clear, these are the only two off the USS Arizona, which is the group I'm associated with.  Did you know a Pearl Harbor survivor, or specifically an Arizona sailor?

1 hour ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Well, to be clear, these are the only two off the USS Arizona, which is the group I'm associated with.  Did you know a Pearl Harbor survivor, or specifically an Arizona sailor?

He was a Pearl Harbor survivor. I only met him over the years at the Visitor Centre, he was a very kind gentle man. I just googled his name and he has passed away. 

Alfred B. K. Rodrigues

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/pearl-harbor-survivor-hawaii-native-dies-at-age-99-1.570669

Ah yes, I remember seeing him at a luau on the night of Dec 5, 2016, just before the 75th anniversary out there....I'd just arrived and that was the welcome dinner.  The rest of the time I was only with the boys of the Arizona.  Quite a guy, though I never got to know him personally.