Phase Hangar Resin

Hope this is in the right thread.. has anyone ordered from Phase Hangar resins?

I saw some nice new F-15 stuff as well as the ejection seats for the F-14 and made a couple orders about a month ago, but my orders still show as "unfulfilled".. I've tried e-mailing as well as using the live chat but got no response from either.

Wondering if there was some news about them that I missed...

Thanks

Follow him on FP - then you'll get the latest updates. He's been swamped with orders lately, so do expect a little deliverytime depending on stock levels. As already mentioned, contact him if there is anything

I’ll second the “no problems”.  I follow him on Facebook as well and he is beyond swamped- working 14 hour days casting and shipping.  He’s a one man show but is hiring help...he needs it!  The products are awesome and I have always been impressed with his stuff!  

Steve 

He just posted on Facebook that he’s swamped.  He’s behind big time on orders and he’s a one man operation so it might take a bit but he’s working as fast as he can. I have ordered from there and had no issue but it did take a while.  His stuff is good and worth the wait.  

• 2 months later...

I just got my 48088 1/48 F-15 Weapons Pylons with LAU-128 Launch Rails.  Spectacular!!!!  As has been noted, it took quite awhile to get, so if you're interested in getting anything from Phase Hanger, try to order with enough lead time.

@Steve (Falconxlvi), I'm going to need some help in how to put the parts together.  The set comes with a packet of 3 pylons, a packet of 4 launch rails, plus another packet of super finely molded tiny 'pin-like' parts that I assume are used in the attachment of weapons to the launch rails, but I'm just guessing here.  I need guidance on how to put everything together, so I'm asking the best qualified guy here 😊  No instructions included, which is fine, as I'll trade instructions for ultimate detail any day! 

On 2/13/2021 at 6:29 PM, Curt B said:

I just got my 48088 1/48 F-15 Weapons Pylons with LAU-128 Launch Rails.  Spectacular!!!!  As has been noted, it took quite awhile to get, so if you're interested in getting anything from Phase Hanger, try to order with enough lead time.

@Steve (Falconxlvi), I'm going to need some help in how to put the parts together.  The set comes with a packet of 3 pylons, a packet of 4 launch rails, plus another packet of super finely molded tiny 'pin-like' parts that I assume are used in the attachment of weapons to the launch rails, but I'm just guessing here.  I need guidance on how to put everything together, so I'm asking the best qualified guy here 😊  No instructions included, which is fine, as I'll trade instructions for ultimate detail any day! 

Hi Curt- 

I’ve got a pair of the same pylons heading my way as well.  Should be here any day now.    I’ll do my best to help, but assumed it would be pretty straightforward looking at the pictures on the phase hanger website 🤷‍♂️
anyways, we can touch base again when I’ve got mine in hand.   Are you building the GWH F-15C soon?   

Steve

Mike's a good guy and for being a one man operation he's doing the best he can. He feels bad that people's orders are taking so long but, he had no idea his Tomcat parts would be as popular as they are, throw in COVID and, he cares about his product so he's not going to sell junk.

He stated last night on Facebook that from here on out he will only take 50 orders for a certain item. Once he has made those 50 and, shipped them, he will take future orders on that item until he hits another 50. This way he can manage better and should make turn around times shorter. So, if you think you'll be needing his items for a future build, give yourself plenty of time and order in advance.

Steve

For all those who have positive words to sat about Mr. Reeves; fair play.  To answer @playertwo, let me share my experiences with @Phasehangar (PHR).

His product has always been good, but I've learned in the last few months that this is not matched with good customer service. I apologise in advance for the length of this post and also hope that it is not removed by the Mods as it is factual and can be verified if required. Moreover, I'm telling this story without embellishment, insult or rudeness, just plain and verifiable facts. Strap in.

First, I've been in the Middle East for almost 6 years and have never had a package get lost in the post, from Hong Kong, Europe and North America. I am therefore highly confident that the postal system works. I ordered a bunch of stuff from PHR on 13 May 2020 and the payment was taken from my credit card. We start the clock at that point. After a few weeks without a shipping notice, I sent an email on 7th June to follow up. I received an email from Mr. Reeves saying that he'd been on holiday, was busy with a popular item, but would get me a tracking number soon.

On 1st July, I received notification of a partial refund as one of the ordered items was not available. This notification was by email and SMS. I also received an email notification that the rest of the shipment was on the way; however, this did not include a tracking number. On the plus side, the partial refund was credited to my card on 3rd July.

With COVID and all that I expected that delivery to Qatar would be 3 to 4 weeks. On 4th August I sent a follow-up email; no response. I did the same on 16th August, again, no response.

• Note to self here; I needed to raise a dispute within 2 months of the transaction with my card issuer if I was to process a refund via that route, so I should have gone ugly early. 

I also sent messages via the chat button on the PHR website; again, no responses.

By now, I had lost faith in PHR though sent another email on 9th October, highlighting that I'd not received the order or a tracking number. To my surprise I got a response that day, saying that the order "went out months ago"; Mr. Reeves offered to resend or refund. The next day, 10th October, I advised that without a tracking number I could not follow up, so I took up the refund option. This was acknowledged the same day with an apology and an undertaking to process the refund ASAP. I missed this email initially, but on 27th October I emailed to thank Mr. Reeves for agreeing to the refund, but advised that I had not received it.

By 24th November the refund had not been received, so I emailed again, asking for transaction details. The response came the next day, stating that the refund had been processed the same day (i.e., 10th October), but asking if I had PayPal instead of a card. I provided my PayPal details on that day. With nothing received, I sent another email on 28th November. 

Last stretch now...

On 5th February, more in hope than expectation, I sent another email requesting confirmation of the refund within 5 working days. I received an immediate response; "I have sent that refund twice".  My response was; "Why would you send it twice; that’s just throwing your money away if that’s the case? It’s not been received but 100% I would have received notification from my bank if it has. ..., please provide details of the refund and I will follow up with my bank."

I have not had a response to my last email and did not expect the refund in 5 days. I have since noticed the posts Mr. Reeves has made on his FB page such as that highlighted by @Falconxlvi; same sort of message about being a one-man show and struggling to meet demand, etc.

I replied to some of his posts, as shown, suggesting that Mr. Reeves sorted out his admin,  looked after his customers better and gave refunds that he had promised, adding that you fail to prepare, prepare to fail. The were not abusive or insulting but to not surprise, the posts have been delayed and Mr. Reeves has blocked me. I can’t help thinking that if he spent more time tending to his business than writing long posts on FB (including if anyone thought it would be a good idea if he posted videos), he would be in a better position and there would be less chance of customers like me being miffed. 

Two-hundred and eighty days after the order I have no goods and no refund but I am US $104 lighter. I am fortunate that the loss of this money will be more of a lesson than serious pain, but others may not be in the same place if this happened to them. I will leave the readers to make their own judgements on the above facts; for me, I will not waiting more than 5 weeks before entering into a payment dispute, and I will not buy direct from PHR again. Apart from sharing this story, my next steps will be to contact the Arizona Consumer Complaints Dept., unless of course Mr. Reeves finds it in himself to do the right thing; refund or actual proof of original despatch. 

I have spoken.

241F5CC5-EC17-47EB-BF76-0D6A2516DB08.jpeg

On 12/11/2020 at 11:24 PM, playertwo said:

Aah cool, thanks for all the replies..

I'm guessing I ordered right as he got busy and I didn't realize he was so active on FB.

Looking forward to his stuff, first time ordering from him!

Did you receive your stuff?

Well, just because you've never had a parcel lost in the past, is no guarantee that it will not happen to you. I too have had good results with the postal system, yet a decal sheet I ordered from fundecals back in July last year went missing and has failed to make an appearance.  I did get the replacement decal sheet from them sent free of charge in September though.

1 hour ago, jenshb said:

Well, just because you've never had a parcel lost in the past, is no guarantee that it will not happen to you. I too have had good results with the postal system, yet a decal sheet I ordered from fundecals back in July last year went missing and has failed to make an appearance.  I did get the replacement decal sheet from them sent free of charge in September though.

You’re absolutely correct. I was though setting the scene by highlighting that I’ve not had stuff get lost in the system since I’ve been in this region.

The key point is simply this; he offered to provide a tracking number and hasn’t. He offered a refund and hasn’t provided it.  My issue goes away if either of the above was done; I can claim with a tracking number.

That is all.

8 hours ago, Sundowner14 said:

Did you receive your stuff?

hey sundowner..

started typing out a reply but i think it'll be easier to read if i just put it down in pointform/timeline format.

Nov 04 2020: first order paid for and confirmation from PHR

Nov 12 2020: second order paid for and confirmation from PHR

Dec 01 2020: emailed PHR about orders and attempted chat, no reply for either

Dec 09 2020: posted here on ARCForums about PHR, was told to relax and wait and check FB

Dec 16 2020: email from PHR about shipment #1 on the way

Jan 17 2021: shipment #1 delivered

Feb 03 2021: email from PHR about shipment #2 on the way

hope that helps!

ps. i have gotten burned in the past with items not being delivered from various sellers, so what i do now is order something with paypal, send out the feeler emails after a few weeks if i haven't gotten any sort of confirmation, then send the courtesy email about not getting the item if i haven't received it in 90 days and then i'll file a dispute with paypal before the 180 days.

Edited by playertwo
21 minutes ago, playertwo said:

hope that helps!

ps. i have gotten burned in the past with items not being delivered from various sellers, so what i do now is order something with paypal, send out the feeler emails after a few weeks if i haven't gotten any sort of confirmation, then send the courtesy email about not getting the item if i haven't received it in 90 days and then i'll file a dispute with paypal before the 180 days.

Hey Playertwo

Glad you got your stuff and thanks for the wise words. I’m not new to this game but the big lesson for me is to ensure that disputes are filed within time limits. That and keeping clear of certain vendors...

Sundowner14, I’m sorry about your experience. It does happen to the best of us. I too have had to wait patiently with nothing to show. I don’t know Mike Reeves and I’m not defending his action here, as I too am waiting on my order that I placed on Black Friday sale last year 2020. Mine was not $100 but hopefully it will turn up soon. If not, I will let all my friends and local model club member know to “Beware” before purchasing his products.

There are few really bad apples in our model industry that we need to be aware off. And I’m hoping PHR is not one to include themselves in this. Meanwhile, thank god for these forums where we can share our experiences. Both good and bad. Wish you full $$ recovery.

Edited by Youngtiger1

Wise words @Youngtiger1

You’re absolutely right, the number of bad apples are few, which makes those that are smelly. I have to say that I have made allowances for COVID which has impacted every aspect of our lives but I gave Mr. Reeves a lot of latitude and time to do the right thing; he instead took the rope to show a certain amount of contempt in his last email response and actions in blocking me on FB. 

You lives, you learns. 

I have spoken.