Monogram aircraft kits that included books with them

The F9F Panther had a book on early naval jet fighters. It said it was Part 1: early designs. I don't think there ever was a part 2. Others may know more. The TBD Devastator also had a book on USN aircraft of WWII. It also was a part 1 edition. It covered dive and torpedo bombers. I never heard of a part 2. Also the Blue Angel issue of the Monogram  F-4J Phantom also had a book on the Blue Angels. All the books were by Bert Kinsey of Detail & Scale. There may have been others.  Actually nice little additions to the kits.

Edited by jpk

Off the top of my head, a boxing of the Revell 1/32 WIldcat included a book on WWII USN Fighters, the 1/48 TBD Devastator had a book on WWII USN bombers, the 1/48 F9F Panther had part 1 of USN Jets.  There was also a part 2 USN Jets that I t hink was in a 1/72 F-14 boxing of the newer Revell AG kit, one on the Century Series that I think was in a 1/48 F-105 kit, and one on the Blue Angels.   I don't know what kit the Blue Angel one came with.  All were from written by Bert Kinzey.

6 minutes ago, Joe Hegedus said:

Off the top of my head, a boxing of the Revell 1/32 WIldcat included a book on WWII USN Fighters, the 1/48 TBD Devastator had a book on WWII USN bombers, the 1/48 F9F Panther had part 1 of USN Jets.  There was also a part 2 USN Jets that I t hink was in a 1/72 F-14 boxing of the newer Revell AG kit, one on the Century Series that I think was in a 1/48 F-105 kit, and one on the Blue Angels.   I don't know what kit the Blue Angel one came with.  All were from written by Bert Kinzey.

You are correct. There were additional volumes. I didn't know that. The Vol 2, WWII fighter book came with the 1/32 F4F-4 and the Vol 2, jet fighter book came with the 1/72 F-14D. I have three, the early fighters, the WWII bombers and the Blue Angels. Really not bad little books for coming with the model. 

8 hours ago, Spook498 said:

Seems like the later release of the 1/48 TBD-1 had a book or a booklet in it. I dont know anything about the book though.

U.S. Navy And Marine Aircraft Of World War II Part 1. Dive and Torpedo Bombers by Bert Kinzey.

(a Detail & Scale Aviation Publication)

Big title 😏