LF: Collect-Aire 1/48 YF-23 Black Widow

• 1 month later...

Yes I'm aware, I've read up a little on both the kits.  A fellow over at Britmodeller did a side-by-side build of them fairly recently, and apparently the Collectaire is a more representation of the prototype YF-23 PAV-1 and it also has the separate control surfaces and such.  Not to mention its a resin kit and sounds like an interesting challenge.  The hobbyboss version has some changes/differences in shape.  And I'm planning on doing the hobbyboss as more of a what-if it was actually selected by the USAF for production.   Then the changes become a little easier to incorporate into the build as there's often changes, sometimes even significant from the prototype to the production variant.  Just take a look at the prototype YF-22 and then the actual F-22.  Out of curiosity do you happen to have a Collectaire YF-23 or know of someone who does?

Dan

Unfortunately I do not have a CA Black Widow. If I did I would sell it to you. I prefer USN post war subjects so the BW is outside of my build interests but it is certainly an interesting airplane. From what I have read the BW was a better aircraft over the F-22 but the USAF essentially chose the F-22 over it because Northup/Grumman was well funded with other projects and LM needed the business. That seems like BS to me as LM has their hands in all sorts of secret stuff. The BW just looks like it would be hard to see on radar, more so than the F-22.